Home

NCAA Football 09 Demo Available: Discuss Here

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09 Demo Available: Discuss Here within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2008, 06:52 PM   #1521
MVP

brahmagoul's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NCAA Football 09 Demo Available: Discuss Here

I don't know if this has been discussed, but I've played the demos for both the 360 and PS3. Surprisingly, the graphics are clearer on the 360. I also noticed the PS3 version is in a letterbox, but when I quit out of it, my options to quit the game or shut down the console were displayed much larger than normal. Don't know what's going on there, but I wanted to bring this up. Any thoughts? I thought both systems would be on par this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2008, 08:29 PM   #1522
Rookie

OVR: 1

Havent gotten a chance to read through everything...but

Slip screens seems to work every single time...I know it will be harder to get these to go for 80 yards against a real person...

I like the nice addition of the slip screen...More realistic.

Wish they would give us 2 more teams to pick from...but I know its a Demo...

Thought the gameplay was very smooth compared to previous years.
Old 07-04-2008, 11:19 PM   #1523
Rookie

vanderbiltfan87's Arena

OVR: 5

so i work with a guy that loves football and usually just plays madden. this guy is a big tennessee fan but never plays ncaa. of course i nag at him all the time that he should give ncaa a try. (btw this is well before the demo came out and before much info was released about 09) so the demo comes out, and i'm stoked. told him the next at work to download it and see what he thinks. i talked to him a few days later, and he's already played it at least 20 times. he wasn't even going to buy the game and now can't wait for it. he's already working on a recruiting strategy for his offline dynasty with ut. lol. but anyway, i think this shows how much this game has progressed, luring in someone who never plays ncaa.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:42 PM   #1524
Pro

servo75's Arena

OVR: 9

First - I definitely notice the 60fps on the PS3. Definitely a good change. The new lighting is awesome too, though playing the demo at "sunset", there is definitely a lot of saturation between the crowd and field.

It seems more difficult to generate offense though. My QB is getting sacked before he can even hand the ball off. There's almost no OL blocking even on varsity.

What's with these new animations in mascot game? Why do some players, instead of juking, do a flip in mid-run? That's very strange.

And the routes on the field are VERY light. Has that been fixed?
Old 07-09-2008, 12:30 AM   #1525
Rookie

OVR: 4

Guys, I'm so excited about this year's release. Actually, I just came to my mom's house and my mom had my MADDEN 2001 here. I was like damn. That's right Madden 01 the first one for PS2. So I had to immediately play it as soon as I could...terrible! I destroyed the computer on All-Madden with Ryan Leaf. I did however like some the features in the game. I personally believe the roster editing screen and process is probably the best in all versions of madden. It gives you the option to edit one attribute at a time or edit all of them. I think would would be extremely valuable when making large roster re-rates. And I could not believe and didn't remember (my how time flies) but that there was a create/edit a coach feature. I wish they'd make a collector's edition of NCAA where you could see all the improvements over the years...like Madden 05.

Anyway, I'll see people online next Monday night...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2008, 01:33 AM   #1526
MVP

babyfat9's Arena

OVR: 14

One thing I dislike is when a receiver jumps to snatch a high pass...he's way up in the air and the defender can hardly even get off the ground to try and intercept the ball.

Monsters of the Midway
Chicago Bears
Old 07-09-2008, 01:34 AM   #1527
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiesto
One thing I dislike is when a receiver jumps to snatch a high pass...he's way up in the air and the defender can hardly even get off the ground to try and intercept the ball.
that why i normally just hit the receiver while in the air and make him drop the ball.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 07-09-2008, 02:03 AM   #1528
Rookie

Old Gold and Blue's Arena

OVR: 3

I like the demo a lot, although there are a few problems I'm sure that have already been pointed out.

One thing though is for some reason the CPU decided to become completely unstoppable on offense today and I actually lost two games (outta three) even though I won every single time I played before today. (which was a lot of games)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »