Home

NBA Live 09 Gameplay Video

This is a discussion on NBA Live 09 Gameplay Video within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2008, 11:52 PM   #25
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: NBA Live 09 Gameplay Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBA2k8 CHAMP
D*** I can't wait for Live 09 and 2k9
No doubt, I can't wait to get both of them and start my Dynasty and my Association.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2008, 12:07 AM   #26
MVP

blingballa333's Arena

OVR: 12

Are they ever going to get the net animations right???! I mean jesus for me that takes away from the experience. I see a nice crossover and floater and then the ball goes through the hoop as if its a watermelon, it is very irritating.

Check out my MLB The Show CAP thread:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-welcome.html
Old 08-01-2008, 12:15 AM   #27
MVP

bateman11's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by blingballa333
Are they ever going to get the net animations right???! I mean jesus for me that takes away from the experience. I see a nice crossover and floater and then the ball goes through the hoop as if its a watermelon, it is very irritating.
Couldn't agree more. That's probably my biggest issue right now.

Things I really like about Live:
Footplanting, Passing, Court Spacing, and not being forced places you don't want to go.

These are all better than 2K. Live has issues with passes being 'floaty', yes. But, did you see where Conley broke down Parker and kicked to Gay? Conley's pass was sharp and gay didn't have to move five feet to catch it. Unlike 2k where Gay would have had to run to catch the ball and would have had to set his feet. And the court isn't spaced enough so the defender would have caught up with him and partially blocked the shot.

For court spacing, just look at the Parker/Oberto pick and roll. Look how much room Parker had to operate without other player's defenders getting in his way.

All I am saying is, Live with better animations and signature moves is just as good as 2K. Sorry, but its the truth.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:20 AM   #28
MVP

blingballa333's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bateman11
Couldn't agree more. That's probably my biggest issue right now.

Things I really like about Live:
Footplanting, Passing, Court Spacing, and not being forced places you don't want to go.

These are all better than 2K. Live has issues with passes being 'floaty', yes. But, did you see where Conley broke down Parker and kicked to Gay? Conley's pass was sharp and gay didn't have to move five feet to catch it. Unlike 2k where Gay would have had to run to catch the ball and would have had to set his feet. And the court isn't spaced enough so the defender would have caught up with him and partially blocked the shot.

For court spacing, just look at the Parker/Oberto pick and roll. Look how much room Parker had to operate without other player's defenders getting in his way.

All I am saying is, Live with better animations and signature moves is just as good as 2K. Sorry, but its the truth.

Check out my MLB The Show CAP thread:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-welcome.html
Old 08-01-2008, 12:21 AM   #29
MVP

bateman11's Arena

Explain why?
Old 08-01-2008, 12:25 AM   #30
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bateman11
Explain why?
the whole engine in Live is screwed up, there are no release points on shots, the postt game is herky jerky, the rim looks like ten feet wide and the players look like stretch armstrong. It just doesnt have a good feel to it.

I really want to buy Live because the DNA thing sounds awesome but I cant deal with the issues that it still seems to have. It looks outdated even compared to 2k8.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:30 AM   #31
MVP

bateman11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by younggrease
the whole engine in Live is screwed up,
there are no release points on shots, False. This has been taken care of in 09.
the postt game is herky jerky, I can agree somewhat, although you have much more control here compared to 2K.
the rim looks like ten feet wide and the players look like stretch armstrong. Ball is pretty small compared to the rim. Atleast the rims are the right color, though
It just doesnt have a good feel to it.

I really want to buy Live because the DNA thing sounds awesome but I cant deal with the issues that it still seems to have. It looks outdated even compared to 2k8.
I can see where you are coming from. Especially since the way past lives have turned out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2008, 12:30 AM   #32
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by younggrease
the whole engine in Live is screwed up, there are no release points on shots, the postt game is herky jerky, the rim looks like ten feet wide and the players look like stretch armstrong. It just doesnt have a good feel to it.

I don't agree.I think this year we may have 3 decent basketball titles 2k9 being the best,Live 09,and March Madness 09.

Live as of right now looks to be better than 2k8,can't comment on 2k9 because I know nothing but they better tighten up

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »