Home

NHL 09 Update (PSX Extreme, Teamxbox)

This is a discussion on NHL 09 Update (PSX Extreme, Teamxbox) within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2008, 12:30 AM   #1
Swiper

hdaniel1's Arena

OVR: 48
NHL 09 Update (PSX Extreme, Teamxbox)

The following websites has posted NHL 09 updates:
  • PSX Extreme: NHL 09 Hands-On (PS3)

Quote:
    "First off, exploits such as holding the hockey stick out for an infinite amount of time have been removed. Extending the stick has now been limited to just a few seconds. One timers have received further attention, as their tendency to succeed decreased even more over last year's game."
  • Teamxbox: NHL 09 Hockey League Trailer (360)

Quote:
    "Jump into the EA SPORTS Hockey League and become part of the first console sports MMO. Take your created player online and join a team with friends, or scout for players. Featuring 6 vs. 6 online team play, the ability to level up your player, tournament brackets, and awards at the end of every season - you can become the first great name in videogame hockey. "
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2008, 01:10 AM   #2
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NHL 09 Update (PSX Extreme, Teamxbox)

Not a bad read at psx extreme, but I think I've been hyped enough with previews, time for EA to start putting out some actual gameplay vids showing off the new stuff - forechecking, bad passes, hitting, fighting, better defense, etc. considering we're closing in on 4 weeks left to release.
Old 08-01-2008, 03:33 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 9

what the heck is psx extreme even talking about?

Quote:
"First off, exploits such as holding the hockey stick out for an infinite amount of time have been removed. Extending the stick has now been limited to just a few seconds.
umm what and since whenis this an exploit? sounds like idiots reviewing the game once again. either it's an exploit that never existed in 08 or something they never explained in previous builds of 09.
Old 08-01-2008, 03:42 AM   #4
Banned

and should i be really worried if the feature was so unbalanced they had to artificially enforce the amount of time you could perform it?
Old 08-01-2008, 08:10 AM   #5
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Not sure what to make of the "extending the stick" comment either. I assume that they're talking about the poke check, but I never really encountered that as an exploit. I know that I used it a lot on the PK in an attempt to block passing lanes, but with the mechanic where you couldn't really skate freely while doing this, I thought that there was a decent balance. Not to mention all the tripping calls you encounter by leaving your stick out there...

DISCLAIMER: I don't think that I even played one ranked online game (aside from OTP if that counts), so I'm really not the guy to comment on cheesing or exploits.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2008, 04:56 PM   #6
Pro

Lubey's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Not sure what to make of the "extending the stick" comment either. I assume that they're talking about the poke check, but I never really encountered that as an exploit. I know that I used it a lot on the PK in an attempt to block passing lanes, but with the mechanic where you couldn't really skate freely while doing this, I thought that there was a decent balance. Not to mention all the tripping calls you encounter by leaving your stick out there...

DISCLAIMER: I don't think that I even played one ranked online game (aside from OTP if that counts), so I'm really not the guy to comment on cheesing or exploits.
I assumed it meant how when you are on offense, and push the skill stick to one side they can just glide like that forever and checks never really do much to knock them off the puck.
Old 08-01-2008, 05:14 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Didn't realize it was exploitable. Every time I tried to hold the puck away from the defender like that I'd get leveled with a hip check. Then again, I really only play single-player so I don't know what the multiplayer exploits are.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:46 PM   #8
Banned

i thought they were talking about offense too, but it doesn't make sense in any context.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »