Home

FaceBreaker Demo Released, Impressions Here

This is a discussion on FaceBreaker Demo Released, Impressions Here within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 01:45 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 14
Re: FaceBreaker Demo Released, Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
This is a multiplayer centric game so I'm not surprised some aren't feeling it. I still heart it a lot but then again I've been championing this game since E3. I think there is more depth than some are giving it credit for as well.
I actually was getting my *** kicked on easy when I first started, I literally thought maybe I just didn't have the reaction time. Then once I got more comfortable with it I started doing much better and realizing the strategic nature of it. Button mashing isn't going to be all that successful. Pretty fun so far, as with any game of this nature whether it'll hold up longer than a few weeks is difficult to say. I've really enjoyed the photo face. Check out my Mike Holmgren and HHH on my site
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2008, 01:45 PM   #26
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

This demo definitely did something to my interest of this game.

It helped plummet to negative infinity.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 08-01-2008, 01:54 PM   #27
Pro

acarrero's Arena

OVR: 10
I won't even bother. It's like getting into Blitz when you're more of a Madden guy. Can't wait for Fight Night.
Old 08-01-2008, 03:15 PM   #28
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastapadre
I actually was getting my *** kicked on easy when I first started, I literally thought maybe I just didn't have the reaction time. Then once I got more comfortable with it I started doing much better and realizing the strategic nature of it. Button mashing isn't going to be all that successful. Pretty fun so far, as with any game of this nature whether it'll hold up longer than a few weeks is difficult to say. I've really enjoyed the photo face. Check out my Mike Holmgren and HHH on my site
Yea I did last night once your latest article showed up in my RSS feeder, good stuff. They need to work on the hair in this game though because Trips just looks weird.

Also I am assuming some people just want a new Fight Night and hence don't give a damn about this game or just want the more realistic thing. Perfectly fine, but unfair to Facebreaker. Plus the parry mechanic actually makes sense to have in this game, whereas it probably shouldn't be in a more realistic game like Fight Night. PS there is an option in Facebreaker to make it more like Fight Night in terms of how much damage punches do etc. and you can lengthen the rounds (in the retail game) just fyi.
Old 08-01-2008, 03:19 PM   #29
Pro

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Yea I did last night once your latest article showed up in my RSS feeder, good stuff. They need to work on the hair in this game though because Trips just looks weird.

Also I am assuming some people just want a new Fight Night and hence don't give a damn about this game or just want the more realistic thing. Perfectly fine, but unfair to Facebreaker. Plus the parry mechanic actually makes sense to have in this game, whereas it probably shouldn't be in a more realistic game like Fight Night. PS there is an option in Facebreaker to make it more like Fight Night in terms of how much damage punches do etc. and you can lengthen the rounds (in the retail game) just fyi.
Yeah definitely, the hair was the most lacking aspect it seemed. That and having only a handful of costumes. I wonder if there will be more to either of them in the retail version?
Old 08-01-2008, 05:36 PM   #30
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

It's pretty fun, but makes me feel like that age of gaming has left me in the dust.

I understand the insanely quick "punch/counterpunch" dynamic, the "rock/paper/scissors" idea if you will, but on Easy I had my *** handed to me like there was no tomorrow. I can't imagine what the higher levels would be like. No matter what I wasn't gonna be getting this, fighting games are fun for a couple days and get old, especially when there's not much depth.

This just seemed like fun button mashing and I'm just getting too old for that type of game I think.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:24 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

There's a lot of rhythm and intuitiveness to this game and how good does it feel to get a knockdown on your opponent (I play MEDIUM difficulty)? I like the way you can sneak a big punch in and the parries and dodges are fun to execute.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2008, 10:59 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 11

no 10 count??? and using knees and kicking = not a boxing game..not even an arcade one...

i thought it might be fun...bot was i wrong.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »