Home

Madden NFL 09 Review

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 09 Review within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-12-2008, 01:02 PM   #65
All Star

OVR: 13
Re: Madden NFL 09 Review

The text of the review did not seem to correllate with the score they gave the game (seems like you should have more good things to say about a game you are giving such a high score than 'best playing Madden in years', as if that's a compliment), but whatever...It's really the written part that matters. Not going to start a whole "they shouldn't assign reviews numbers" argument here.

Nice job summarizing the pluses/minuses of the game. Although I did take issue with the statement that the game finally hits the target video they released 3 years ago...the game, at least on my TV in the demo, does not look anywhere close to that rendered "target video" they release in '06. And I don't actually even think it's close...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2008, 01:22 PM   #66
MVP

Chizzypoof's Arena

OVR: 15
Thanks for the review. Now I'm really on the fence.
Old 08-12-2008, 03:34 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 2
Above average game but the lack of any ability to change the controls is freaking stupid...some of us are left handed and like it that way....L2 for Sprint should be an option like in NCAA 08....
Old 08-12-2008, 03:40 PM   #68
Have you seen my baseball

BlyGilmore's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaas
Lets see in two weeks if the 8.5 is legit or as laughable as the NCAA 8.5 sc ore. I used to trust OS's review scores but after the EA love fest that started with the partnership MM I know am very skeptical of the reviews. It is a shame, I used to be able to know that an OS review was the definitve word on a game.
i'm not going to get too into this other than to say two quick things.

First Terry "TCrouch" Crouch has been a member of OS since 2002 with almost 7,000 posts.

And with that said, I will hold our reviews up against any other site out there. If you want to get insight on how a sports gamer feels about a certain game, this is the place you come.
Old 08-12-2008, 04:48 PM   #69
MVP

zeroice's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubTrey1
The Bug & Glitch thread did it for me... I will still hold out hope that the patch(es) will correct most issues and make this game into the great one it could be -
This is the first year that i will hold off on getting madden, i get it free, but from what i have been reading, i think i will wait a few more weeks, and just play NCAA..When that patch comes out, i might get madden
Old 08-12-2008, 04:54 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 16
I'll go into it. Terry could be a member since Jesus was born but your NCAA review was terrible. The game sucked. Just like Madden does now. With all the bugs they released the game with EA should be gettign killed. How did they allow a game that was so buggy to be released. I've had the game since Friday. All pro will let you complete certain passes no matter what. I thought I was playing NCAA as I watched a guy complete slant after slant even without me rushing a defensive lineman. ALl Maddden is playable but the D will catch every mistake you throw. Demarcus Ware with 3 int's come on. The best madden ever made was XBox 06. This Madden is no Madden 06 on XBOX. I guess I'll have to wait for 2k9 bball to play the most realistic sports game. I play for money. I won't be playing Madden for Cash anytime soon. To many problems with it.
Old 08-12-2008, 04:57 PM   #71
Banned

OVR: 10
the issues that do exist with the game are still enough to cause me to take a pass on Madden this year. this will be the first year i'm not running out to get the game.
i'm done until Madden is as fun to play as it still is to play 2K5 with updated rosters. 2K5 STILL tops Madden. maybe next year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2008, 05:26 PM   #72
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaas
Lets see in two weeks if the 8.5 is legit or as laughable as the NCAA 8.5 sc ore. I used to trust OS's review scores but after the EA love fest that started with the partnership MM I know am very skeptical of the reviews. It is a shame, I used to be able to know that an OS review was the definitve word on a game.

If this review was from anyone else here but Terry, I would agree with you. Terry is about as through as you can get when it comes to reviews and totally unbiased. I understand your doubts and skepticism though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »