Home

Madden 09 Quick Patch #2 Update From EA

This is a discussion on Madden 09 Quick Patch #2 Update From EA within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 01:14 AM   #129
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden 09 Quick Patch #2 Update From EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightbarer
Well. I'm glad to hear there's a patch comming.
Is there an alternative method to getting the patches because i don't have a cable modem? or am i just screwed.
Do you have a friend nearby that has a cable modem?
Old 09-08-2008, 03:05 AM   #130
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Do you have a friend nearby that has a cable modem?
No. But i mean, there has to be another way, majority of the people who play Madden don't have a cable modem, right?
Old 09-08-2008, 04:00 AM   #131
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightbarer
Well. I'm glad to hear there's a patch comming.
Is there an alternative method to getting the patches because i don't have a cable modem? or am i just screwed.
I currently am stuck with dialup,and I'm able to get the patches as well as rosters.
What you can't do however (doesn't bother me) is play online against other folks.

So in short.....the answer to your question in no....you don't need a cable modem to get patches or rosters.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2008, 08:12 AM   #132
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
I currently am stuck with dialup,and I'm able to get the patches as well as rosters.
What you can't do however (doesn't bother me) is play online against other folks.

So in short.....the answer to your question in no....you don't need a cable modem to get patches or rosters.
If your on the next gen systems there is NO WAY to get the patches with dialup. First time I ever heard that from anyone.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:15 AM   #133
Rookie

OVR: 1

Actually I`m in the same boat as Cowherpower with only dial-up where I live. It`s actually pretty easy to set the ps3 to piggyback off the pc and get patches.etc.etc
Old 09-08-2008, 10:12 AM   #134
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8

I almost wish the real NFL season didn't start this weekend. I was doing fine not playing Madden while we all wait for patch #2 and the DLC until watching all the games yesterday. The wait for the patch and DLC is going to seem extra long now.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:36 AM   #135
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab2c4
I almost wish the real NFL season didn't start this weekend. I was doing fine not playing Madden while we all wait for patch #2 and the DLC until watching all the games yesterday. The wait for the patch and DLC is going to seem extra long now.
Wait, did I miss something, I keep hearing a lot of you guys talk about DLC, did EA ever come out and say there were doing this, is so I think we should not ever expect this, because your just letting your self to be let down big time.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2008, 10:49 AM   #136
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
Wait, did I miss something, I keep hearing a lot of you guys talk about DLC, did EA ever come out and say there were doing this, is so I think we should not ever expect this, because your just letting your self to be let down big time.
Supposedly, EA has said that the DLC is basically done, they are just waiting to see if MS and Sony will allow them to release it. I don't know if it is politics or whatever, I just know that I am not the only person who has put Madden on the shelf until if and when it is made available. The DLC content as you might be aware, are the things EA removed from Madden which renders the game almost unplayable without those things.

I'm still hoping for the best and will hold onto Madden (while it sits on the shelf) until we either get the DLC or find out we aren't getting the DLC. All is not lost, I still have NCAA 06 on the ps2 and NCAA 08 on the 360 to hold me over until the DLC is released, or the worst case scenario, will hold me over until some future release contains the cpu sliders and the other "sim" feature that the DLC contains.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »