Home

FIFA 09 Demo Available, Impressions Here

This is a discussion on FIFA 09 Demo Available, Impressions Here within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2008, 11:22 PM   #177
Pro

bucksfan07's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: FIFA 09 Demo Available, Impressions Here

Finally got around to down loading the demo and I'm pretty impressed so far. Looks like a day one purchase. You can tell they upped the graphics just from the demo compared to last year

Old 09-15-2008, 01:59 AM   #178
Rookie

OVR: 3

im sorry if i have missed it. i have gone through all the pages. how do u dummy the ball through your legs on the PS3?
Old 09-15-2008, 02:36 AM   #179
Rookie

OVR: 5
I completely agree with your comments, Exboxur. The more I play this demo, the more shallow it's begun to feel. The AI is still lacking, and the gameplay is still a not quite PES at it's peak ie PES07 on ps2.

Like everybody else, I think a rental will be needed before I can make a final decision between the two big footie titals.
Old 09-15-2008, 05:32 AM   #180
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkysven
im sorry if i have missed it. i have gone through all the pages. how do u dummy the ball through your legs on the PS3?

hold R1
Old 09-15-2008, 06:45 PM   #181
MVP

OVR: 14

I'm still experiencing player responsiveness issues with not only passing (as others have mentioned) but also shooting. Occasionally there's a delay between the point i press X to shoot and the time my player actually animates to shoot, and during that delay, an opposing defender comes in and steals the ball. Again it doesn't happen too much, but its really annoying when it happens, especially when the defender is usually about a full metre away as my player winds up the shot, and when he tackles you, he retains close control of the ball (ie: the ball doesn't go loose, unlike most of the tackles i make which seem to propel the ball straight to another opposition player).

I took P2K's advice and switched to using 'diagonal' controls to add curl onto free kicks. While the amount of curve is much more realistic, I i still think it curls too much and often too late (the ball seems to go straight for a second or so before the curl finally kicks in) and i generally find it difficult to hit a certain area of the goal. However, i found that there is a decent amount of "natural curl" on free kicks by NOT using the left stick to add curl at all, and i've had a lot greater success in hitting the top corners of the goal as a result in the arena, especially with Arjen Robben. Its also cool on indirect kicks, you can hold down on the left stick while pressing the lob button, and it adds more height for the lob pass.

I've also switched to Assisted passing now, and its now much easier to connect multiple passes. Still struggling with finding the right amount of pace on through balls though, but thats still on Manual.

And regarding the whole defenders up for corners thing, well its a bit random atm. Using default team tactics, I played as AC Milan, Schalke and Real Madrid in different games and my central defenders were all still at the half way line when i had a corner kick. When i played as Chelsea, i noticed Carvalho and Ballack were in the box, but Terry had stayed back...however more alarmingly, Drogba was way out of his normal position and was also back at the half-way line!!! Is there any way to change team or individual player attack settings which hopefully may affect this?

I have also yet to see a CPU-controlled team bring up the CB's on their own corners. Another issue i saw was on a CPU (AC Milan) corner kick late in the game with scores level, they only bothered to put one player in the box, and naturally, the CK taker was able to pick him out easily.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2008, 08:20 PM   #182
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

I'm stoked at the fact that the PS3 version is in 1080P....the final game BETTER be this way if the demo is. PS3 users are tired of EA not using the systems power.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:05 AM   #183
*n th* Fl*w*rs

southernbelle's Arena

OVR: 16

played eysterday for a bit - what a game! i love how fluid the game feels this year. the passing, especially through passing, is deeply improved from 08. more along the lines of euro 2008. speed kills, but strength negates it! awesome.

only complaint is about curve on free kicks. not everyone can curve it like van persie. i hope they change this and make it more linked to actual curve rating!
Old 09-16-2008, 09:49 AM   #184
MVP

OVR: 25

Are you guys noticing the difference between great players and good players? like drogba compared to de negris?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »