Home

NBA 2K9 Screenshots: Association 2.0 & More (Gamespot)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K9 Screenshots: Association 2.0 & More (Gamespot) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2008, 07:19 PM   #57
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: NBA 2K9 Screenshots: Association 2.0 & More (Gamespot)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse512
I'm a little disappointed that were stucking seeing and playing against/with the OKC Thunder, ugh.

What do you mean? They have the correct stuff apparently.

Quote:
While the 2K Insider, Living Rosters, and Association 2.0 are big, it's certainly not the entire story with NBA 2K9. The game will also include five-on-five online play for the first time (we hope to get hands-on with this in the near future) as well as little touches like the correct Oklahoma City Thunder uniform and logo (sorry about that, Seattle Sonics fans), improved crowd animations, and more

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

Old 09-17-2008, 07:20 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 1
this game looks so ill but i think 2K should just announce "the big online announcement" as well as show some gameplay vids.

it still looks sick.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:20 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 5

Call me negative, but i dont trust 2k to manually update rosters, ratings, and tendencies. Not to mention that they will be juggling this with adding brand new animations.

In theory the human touch may make it less rigid than Live (ex. Just because Dwight Howard is averaging less rpg than Dirk Nowitzki in the last 2 weeks doesnt make Dirk a better rebounder. In Live Dirk's rebounding attributes may be recieve a big boost in one of the weekly updates. The 2k insider would probably hold off for a while until it becomes obvious that Dirk is really rebounding the ball well.), but possibly at the cost of efficiency. Im also skeptical that the 2k insider is gonna drop Lebron's rating if he is having the worst season of his life.

Hopefully, the fact that this guy is doing it everyday will allow him to keep up. I just hope he has a nice sized team helping him because the second he falls behind people are gonna get mad and say Live's 365 is better.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:20 PM   #60
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NEW Screenshots: association 2.0 & more

DAmn!! Just what i've been waiting for. 2k9 here i come. i just hope the controls are more responsive than last year and that fast guys can blow by slow guys.

Man this NBA.com ish is INSANE! i think i might finally finish a few seasons in Legacy.. not since 2k1 have i been able to finish one.

Last edited by Vast; 09-17-2008 at 07:24 PM.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:21 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 2

Haven't posted here in a while. Been waiting for some news.
I am excited about these new features. I like the 2k insider over the live 365 feature mainly because it uses a human element. I think the 365 feature is just too much.
Love the screenshots as well. Want some gameplay videos, but if you can hold out till october 7th, you won't spoil the surprise like we do for every other game.

Next big thing for the nba2k series I think would be a new graphical/animation engine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2008, 07:22 PM   #62
Rookie

orrkl2002's Arena

OVR: 6

...Now all I need is a cigarette and im off to bed.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:22 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NEW Screenshots: association 2.0 & more

all this sounds nice but when can i play the demo to see if its as good as its sounding
Old 09-17-2008, 07:24 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice Malone
Call me negative, but i dont trust 2k to manually update rosters, ratings, and tendencies. Not to mention that they will be juggling this with adding brand new animations.

In theory the human touch may make it less rigid than Live (ex. Just because Dwight Howard is averaging less rpg than Dirk Nowitzki in the last 2 weeks doesnt make Dirk a better rebounder. In Live Dirk's rebounding attributes may be recieve a big boost in one of the weekly updates. The 2k insider would probably hold off for a while until it becomes obvious that Dirk is really rebounding the ball well.), but possibly at the cost of efficiency. Im also skeptical that the 2k insider is gonna drop Lebron's rating if he is having the worst season of his life.

Hopefully, the fact that this guy is doing it everyday will allow him to keep up. I just hope he has a nice sized team helping him because the second he falls behind people are gonna get mad and say Live's 365 is better.
I know what you mean as far as the trust factor, because last year was not 2K's shining moment in trust as far as roster updates and things like that. But I am willing to start them out with a clean slate and forget the past, move on!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »