Home

NBA 2K9 Video: Create a Player

This is a discussion on NBA 2K9 Video: Create a Player within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2008, 04:05 AM   #65
Rookie

akiracy's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NBA 2K9: Create a Player Video

my thoughts on the weight issue.

as we all know, muscle weighs more than fat so when you have a 300 lb player, should the computer make your CAP diesel, or fat?

with the current system you can choose height, body type and muscle definition, while i agree there should be more variety, you aren't missing out on anything by not being able to input someones weight.

the thing i hope they would implement for future games is standing reach and wingspan.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2008, 05:25 AM   #66
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44

Finally saw the video. Yeah it sucks that you can't edit weight and there are still only 3 body types. BUT, it's so good to see that we can finally create normal looking players again. That's enough in itself to get me back excited about creating players and running with lesser teams. Thanks for the video.

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

Old 09-21-2008, 05:25 AM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by akiracy
the thing i hope they would implement for future games is standing reach and wingspan.
Someone is reading my mind.

Although the CAP feature does look much improved with its skin texture and more options for accessories, I was really hoping for weight input and a lot more options for body types.

Well, there's always next year I guess...
Old 09-21-2008, 05:54 AM   #68
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Thanks for the vid. 2K9 is great!

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 09-21-2008, 06:38 AM   #69
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

I'm not saying that the gripes mentioned thus far aren't legit, but I've gotta say the biggest thing for me is that the CAPs now look like humans...lol. I really think the models look excellent. I'm also happy that you can adjust contract terms (excellent idea, IMO) and that all the sliders now seem to be independent. Works for me!
Old 09-21-2008, 06:54 AM   #70
Rookie

Fabric's Arena

OVR: 9

Steve, thanks a bunch for the vid!

While I agree that not much has been added, I'm just so ecstatic that the rookies in Association will actually look like real people (or at least as real as the other players in the game ), both in terms of their faces, skin tones and hair colors

About the three body types: I'm one of the guys who has complained the most about there only being 3 body types and would love if they added some more. That being said, I do think the models have been greatly improved for 2k9 - especially Thick doesn't look as chunky and god-awful as it did in 2k7/8. I would also appreciate control over a CAPs weight, but that's mostly because I get irritated when all my caps with the same height and body type weigh the same

I don't really care that much about accessories or shoes so I have no big complaints about any of that stuff. However I do agree that there should be more color options for the generic shoes, because it is sorta irritating that everyone just wears all white and black shoes. A thing I think needs some serious work for 2k10 (provided there's gonna be one) are the tats, because they have been more or less the same for a number of years now and they just aren't that well done - especially the lower arm ones

Something I find disappointing is that there are no new attributes or tendencies. I don't have any specific ideas for new ones, but I'd really wish that we had access to the clutch attribute. Also as a PAL PS3 owner I'm hoping and praying that they don't snub us when it comes to editing the standing dunk attribute But all the new signature stuff is great! (though Steve, my dear man, why didn't we get to see all the dunk/layup packages? You getting lazy on us )

Also loving that we now have control over the contracts, something I've really been missing when creating players. No more over-paid created rookies!

[/rant]

Last edited by Fabric; 09-21-2008 at 07:03 AM.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:32 AM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 4

Clip still doesn't work for me.... Any help???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2008, 07:43 AM   #72
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Funny that in all the gameplay vids (at least what I saw) all players who wear an elbow band - wear the longer one. Has anyone seen any gameplay vid with someone wearing the shorter one?

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB

Last edited by youvalss; 09-21-2008 at 07:46 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »