Home

NFL Head Coach 09 Patch Available, Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NFL Head Coach 09 Patch Available, Impressions Here within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2008, 12:57 AM   #57
NFL Head Coach '09 Lead Programmer

OVR: 3
Re: NFL Head Coach 09 Patch Available, Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ofdman
What about the audio problem? The one where we have no play by play guy!! He shows up every 15 games or so for a few minutes and then...POOF! He's gone gain.

STILL surprised not many people mention this. I believe its because most dont even know there IS a play by play announcer (and 'm not talking about the PA announcer)
We decided any fixes related to audio were too high-risk for the patch, especially with all the problems we had trying to repro the PS3 audio drop-out.

Our biggest concern was introducing new bugs. I'm personally still sweating it out a bit, as I'm deathly afraid of breaking something new.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:03 AM   #58
NFL Head Coach '09 Lead Programmer

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by icepikk
Then the fact that the fatigue for all of my guys stays at 100 the whole game and nobody gets injured. i chalked it up to maybe its cuz i was right at a game and so i would go into a second one before i would post this, but after 2 games, same thing. i know it was said over and over again that it would apply to our already established saved games, but only parts of it seem to be taking effect for me. Any reason why this is or am i SOL and have to start all over again after i have invested so much time in my team?
Try going into Play Creator and coming back out before your next game. The plan was that injuries would always turn back on after exiting Play Creator. I didn't implement this fix, but I *hope* that's how it was implemented.

If that doesn't work, I'll be frustrated.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:57 AM   #59
Pro

OVR: 9

Thx for the patch guys...

So just a few questions....

1. So if I actually watch the game now and don't supersim....the passing game is turned down?

2. Do slider changes take into effect when you supersim?
Old 09-24-2008, 03:27 AM   #60
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ofdman
What about the audio problem? The one where we have no play by play guy!! He shows up every 15 games or so for a few minutes and then...POOF! He's gone gain.

STILL surprised not many people mention this. I believe its because most dont even know there IS a play by play announcer (and 'm not talking about the PA announcer)
wait wait wait wait wait...are you telling me there is an announcer OTHER than the PA Play by Play????

I'm seriously doubting this and in shock if there is. I've played 2 years and have never heard any announcer besides the PA (he announces what happens each play and when there is a timeout etc.) and turned the crowd to 0 to hear him.

Is there honestly ANOTHER announcer in the game like a broadcaster play by play??? I'm seriously doubting this.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:39 AM   #61
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Since it was only one game, it could be a placebo effect, but I feel like they made a lot of "stealth" tunes to this game. All for the better in my opinion.

I didn't see one running back run backwards out of a hole, receivers dropped a few wide open catches, defenders attacked the ball better in the air.

My QB had a completion rate of 47% in the game, in more than 20 games played before this one it was never less than 65%. I only had 168 yards in total offense.

The score was 20-17, but it was a defensive struggle, only one of the touchdowns scored was the result of a long drive.

We'll see how things are after I play some more games.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2008, 09:19 AM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 2

I srtaed a new franchise last night in the preseason and I am pretty sure that RFAs are still not working properly.
I gave level 2 tenders to 3 players, none were resigned, and I received no compensatory picks. I also didnt see any clipboard notifications about them at all. I did see notifications for other teams RFAs, just not mine.

Am I missing something, or is this still broken?
Old 09-24-2008, 11:22 AM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 5

I sure would like to see the playbooks overhauled. Add create a formation or the ability to add them to the formation you edited.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:54 AM   #64
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

did the patch fix the problem where most players don't get credited with a start even tho they clearly started the game, this happen while in-game and using super sim but not the regular sim. other than the passing game this the reason I only sim the games, it's minor but most of my players while cry about playing time and the incentive to start all 16 games will be pointless

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »