Home

NFL Head Coach 09 Patch Available, Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NFL Head Coach 09 Patch Available, Impressions Here within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2008, 03:28 PM   #105
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: NFL Head Coach 09 Patch Available, Impressions Here

I am having no issues with fatigue. I finally downloaded the patch last night and continued my career from pre-patch. I did not have the injury bug in that career as I stayed away from the play creator. I noticed too that it prompted me to sub a player out and then back in. That was nice to see.

Are there any other optimizations that went into the patch? I swear that in-game is more fluid when dealing with penalties. It would regularly stutter when loading the screen to take action on a penalty and last night it was smooth as butter.

Also, thanks for getting the patch out and screwing up my mornings again :-). I forget how addictive the game was. I loaded my career last night and picked up right after the super bowl and couldn't put the controller down until I hit preseason and it was 3 AM. Was a little bit groggy this morning.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2008, 05:00 AM   #106
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18

From what some people are saying on the EA forums it seems to only affect PS3 users who have existing careers where the injury bug was already in effect.
@TMac - are you playing on PS3?
@ Blumpkin - you didn't have the injury bug in your existing career because you avoided the play creator so this doesn't apply to you.
Here's the link for the ea thread:
http://forums.easports.com/mboards/t...art=0&start=15
Old 10-03-2008, 10:15 AM   #107
Pro

OVR: 9

Yeah I know. I was just stating some impressions of the patch now that I finally downloaded it. I'm also running on the 360.
Old 10-03-2008, 03:10 PM   #108
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by brza37
From what some people are saying on the EA forums it seems to only affect PS3 users who have existing careers where the injury bug was already in effect.
@TMac - are you playing on PS3?
@ Blumpkin - you didn't have the injury bug in your existing career because you avoided the play creator so this doesn't apply to you.
Here's the link for the ea thread:
http://forums.easports.com/mboards/t...art=0&start=15
Old 10-03-2008, 10:32 PM   #109
Pro

OVR: 12

Did they fix that weird bug that made the Colts go undefeated for like 5 straight seasons? Let me guess that was not a bug.
Old 10-16-2008, 04:18 PM   #110
MVP

Hey, I haven't gotten the game yet, and I was leaning towards getting a PS3 over a Xbox 360. From what I've seen on here, the PS3 is really buggy but the 360 is working fine? Is there any PS3 people who have had no issues?
Old 10-16-2008, 05:59 PM   #111
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNFL_FanIQ
Hey, I haven't gotten the game yet, and I was leaning towards getting a PS3 over a Xbox 360. From what I've seen on here, the PS3 is really buggy but the 360 is working fine? Is there any PS3 people who have had no issues?
I own a PS3 but I would say NOOOOOO, that the complete opposite is true, the 360 is much more buggier than the PS3 but in reality, it probably doesn't matter which one you buy except that the PS3 has blu-ray which to me, makes it a no-brainer.

I'm not having any "buggy/freezing" problems with this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2008, 06:13 PM   #112
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloeyEZ
I own a PS3 but I would say NOOOOOO, that the complete opposite is true, the 360 is much more buggier than the PS3 but in reality, it probably doesn't matter which one you buy except that the PS3 has blu-ray which to me, makes it a no-brainer.

I'm not having any "buggy/freezing" problems with this game.
I was speaking more of the game, not of the systems in general. It seems all of those who have had issues with the patch are PS3 owners.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »