Home

NBA 2K9 Patch Released For 360/PS3, Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA 2K9 Patch Released For 360/PS3, Impressions Here within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-23-2008, 01:29 AM   #505
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: NBA 2K9 Patch Released For 360/PS3, Impressions Here

This game is just unplayable pre-patch and post-patch. I've tried every slider, every roster, every myth, and every solution that posters have come up with to fix the gameplay, and i continue to be disappointed with the gameplay. HOPEFULLY next year's game(if there is one) will bring back the awesomeness that was 2K8, but until then no more basketball gaming for me.

Thanks 2K, for ruining what was left of my basketball gaming. That's 2 down and 1 more to go, luckily SCEA won't disappoint me as a sports gamer(whats left of me) and bring in another awesome version of Show.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2008, 01:45 AM   #506
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTX3
This game is just unplayable pre-patch and post-patch. I've tried every slider, every roster, every myth, and every solution that posters have come up with to fix the gameplay, and i continue to be disappointed with the gameplay. HOPEFULLY next year's game(if there is one) will bring back the awesomeness that was 2K8, but until then no more basketball gaming for me.

Thanks 2K, for ruining what was left of my basketball gaming. That's 2 down and 1 more to go, luckily SCEA won't disappoint me as a sports gamer(whats left of me) and bring in another awesome version of Show.
cool.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:11 PM   #507
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15

Seriously guys, didn't the computer just get super hard after the patch? I could always beat the cpu on hof, well mostly. However now I can't win any games on hof. Did they mention anything about upping the code for hof?
Old 12-25-2008, 07:25 PM   #508
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:

go figure

i thought last years game was garbage...this years game is very good and sim all the way for me when you tweak sliders and player tendencies

last years game the cpu was straight garbage and had no basketball iq

what dont you like about this years game...i find this to be the best in the series..

if you thought last years was better then i have to disagree completely...but i just want to know what is it that bugs you...just want to know
Old 12-27-2008, 11:15 PM   #509
MVP

bowdown2shadi's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

Can you point out whats so bad about it?
Old 12-28-2008, 12:08 PM   #510
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39
Re: NBA 2K9 Post Patch Impressions

Quote:
Jab Step Fixes – The ‘Jab Step’ move has been reconstructed to be more balanced in the post. Specifically, it should not be effective in user vs. user games unless the ball-handler touches the defender. Also, performing the ‘Jab Step’ should no longer make the defense go back when the ball-handler loses the dribble.
2K is funny man. They take THAT ^ out but they NOW ADD the user being FORCED to bite on sizeup (LT) moves. Just play the CPU or another user. If you are playing D on them and they press LT, you will be FORCED to shift directions.

Why do they disrespect defense like this man?
Old 12-28-2008, 12:17 PM   #511
b**-r*y

tehova's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
2K is funny man. They take THAT ^ out but they NOW ADD the user being FORCED to bite on sizeup (LT) moves. Just play the CPU or another user. If you are playing D on them and they press LT, you will be FORCED to shift directions.

Why do they disrespect defense like this man?

Because the user would never get faked out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2008, 12:21 PM   #512
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

The point is the offense is already THAT powerful, why give them any more advantages. I just feel it makes no sense to force someone to get fakes out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »