Home

3 New Major League Baseball 2K9 Screenshots

This is a discussion on 3 New Major League Baseball 2K9 Screenshots within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2009, 11:01 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: A couple of more "Teaser Screens" MLB 2K9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Ahh...good call

It was driving me nuts because it looked kinda like a bat, but not exactly...lol. I couldn't picture the field in my head for whatever reason .

Thanks!
The unfortunate part is Kauffman stadium doesn't have that scoreboard anymore

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2009, 11:05 PM   #26
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21

Yea I know, but like EA if its in the game, its in the game
That irritates me too, this new scoreboard was implemneted in what August or so I have no clue but sometime before the MLB Playoffs race
Old 01-27-2009, 11:12 PM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Gro23
Yea I know, but like EA if its in the game, its in the game
That irritates me too, this new scoreboard was implemneted in what August or so I have no clue but sometime before the MLB Playoffs race
I have to be honest, I didn't know Kauffman stadium had a new scoreboard until I googled "Kauffman stadium scoreboard" in an attempt to reply to SoxFan's question about the bat like object in the bottom left corner. When pictures of the new scoreboard popped up I did some research and found that it was installed and ready for Opening Day last year.

I guess I need to start watching more Royals games on MLB Extra Innings.

On second thought, maybe not....
Old 01-27-2009, 11:20 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 11

I would also assume that the scoreboard isn't going to be updated for this year's version considering that it would have probably been done during the early development cycle of the game. Its kind of unfortunate that the real-life upgrade has been in since opening day of last season and yet it still hasn't been implimented into the game. I'm going to need to see the game in motion soon because at this point its starting to sound like the game hasn't improved much from last year's version (especially framerate) besides some graphical upgrades.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:31 PM   #29
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by drterb
I have to be honest, I didn't know Kauffman stadium had a new scoreboard until I googled "Kauffman stadium scoreboard" in an attempt to reply to SoxFan's question about the bat like object in the bottom left corner. When pictures of the new scoreboard popped up I did some research and found that it was installed and ready for Opening Day last year.

I guess I need to start watching more Royals games on MLB Extra Innings.

On second thought, maybe not....
Ha, unfortunately for the Royals, they don't get much press. But, the scoreboard was a pretty big deal because at the time of it's construction it was the biggest scoreboard in sports. Not sure if that's changed since last season.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 01-27-2009, 11:32 PM   #30
Rookie

I would have to agree. I think those screenshots look way better than the ones that were put up yesterday. Reyes' picture looks a little better than the one up yesterday. But I just hope they keep coming out with little pieces of information. I would love to see some sort of trailer come out soon. That would really determine if this game will be a hit or not. The sky looks excellent in the royals one. and Lincecum's picture looks so realistic

all of you guys who have xbox 360 and are stuck mlb 2k9 have GOT to be PUMPED!!
Old 01-27-2009, 11:33 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 32

I'm really not that impressed with these screens....2K8's screens looked pretty good too....we all know how that turned out...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2009, 11:40 PM   #32
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeePride
Ha, unfortunately for the Royals, they don't get much press. But, the scoreboard was a pretty big deal because at the time of it's construction it was the biggest scoreboard in sports. Not sure if that's changed since last season.

Really?

I know Dolphin Stadium has the worlds largest 720p display.

137 Feet Wide x 50 Feet High

http://www.engadget.com/2006/04/10/d...-720p-display/

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »