Home

Madden NFL 10 Blog: Player Ratings - A New Philosophy, A New Era

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Blog: Player Ratings - A New Philosophy, A New Era within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2009, 09:01 PM   #73
Banned

OVR: 38
Re: Madden NFL 10 blog 2: Ratings philosophy by Donny Moore

is it just me or does donny look cracked out in his pic?
Old 02-09-2009, 09:01 PM   #74
Pro

rhombic21's Arena

OVR: 9

Also, I hope that this means that more ratings are actually going to matter on the game. It seemed to me that route running and man/zone cover in particular were both pretty pointless on this year's game. Basically it all just came down to speed, in terms of receivers being able to get open, or defenders being able to cover.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:02 PM   #75
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
Mannnnn!!!!! Donny and Ian.....Thats exactly the kind of stuff I'm talking about. being able to break a long run with just about anybody really takes away from the realism of the game.

This is FANTASTIC news.

Big plays will be more exiting now because they won't happen on just about every drive.

Dang Ian its hard enough for me to wait on The Show....now Madden is torchering me too. And August is a long freaking way off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2009, 09:06 PM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 1
I would give the offense live a bump in speed and accell. Seems every time i try to do a toss or sweep. the HB out runs the line and the linebackers and never blocked because the offensive line is to slow.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:07 PM   #77
Pro

OVR: 10

Ian/Donnie I would love to hear your take on what is being done to make Power/Physicality mean more in Madden 10. Because again this all sounds great and all but is it still gonna make people rather throw the ball to Devan Hester than Hines Ward?

In reality Hines Ward is the better WR hands down but in madden Hester is actually the better WR because of his speed. There has to be a downfall on Hester like bad hands/bad route running to keep Hines Ward being the better WR.

Same goes for other positions like DE. Players should not get rewarded for putting in their OLb to end. Why does a OLB become a 99 at DE when put there..............SPEED. In reality he would get eaten alive at end for being small for the position.

There's other things that are wrong with Madden that if you take a look at this example here: Manny Lawson (49ers) because of his speed in Madden he is a great outside pass rusher. But in real life even though he is fast he really isnt that good at all of a pass rusher. What can be done to make this the case in Madden 10? Speed should not matter as much as it does for pass rushing cause players like Woodly/Merrimen are not as fast as Manny Lawson but pass rush way better.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:11 PM   #78
Goon Squad

ProStylez's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Madden NFL 10 Blog: Player Ratings - A New Philosophy, A New Era

One of my biggest gripes in this game the past few years has been everyone feels the same, yeah some players are faster than others or stronger but I never really "feel" like I'm the person I'm controlling. If my star QB gets hurt I never feel like I have to turn my wole game around because I can pull of the same things with my back up. I want players to play like themselves, I want to be scared when I'm going against AP, I want to feel forced to alter my game plan and hit the free agents up or make a trade if my star goes down.
I also would like the O-LINE and D-LINE to block realistically
Old 02-09-2009, 09:19 PM   #79
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Madden NFL 10 Blog: Player Ratings - A New Philosophy, A New Era

.... I love this new direction, but it not affecting Superstars? Is that really a good thing? They were already unstoppable and now it seems as if their going to be harder to stop because everyone else is now slower and dumber. (Not so much so for dumber)
Old 02-09-2009, 09:19 PM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeno
I don't know about this. Just seems like speed will mean even more now. If Earnest Graham is busting long runs, imaging what Chris Johnson or Darren Sproles are going to do in the open field if they're still ridiculously fast and the people around them are slower than before. Get my drift?
well what do chris johnson and sproles do in real life when they are in the open field with all that speed they possess in real life?...they usually break a big run and score td's with that said, just like in the nfl, the trick will be so that defensive ai for both cpu and human should be fined tuned so that they are not put in that position often, once in a while great, that is what happens in real life but 7 out of 10 runs to break big and possibily score is not realistic..

these will work like a charm only if the ai is upgraded as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »