Home

Madden NFL 10 Blog: Player Ratings - A New Philosophy, A New Era

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Blog: Player Ratings - A New Philosophy, A New Era within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2009, 09:21 PM   #81
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Madden NFL 10 Blog: Player Ratings - A New Philosophy, A New Era

THANK YOU! One of my biggest gripes with Madden recently has been ratings inflation; I think on the latest roster update in Madden 09 there are 17 LTs with a rating of 90 or better; effectively half the league has what I interpret to be a Pro Bowl caliber left tackle, which simply isn't true in real life.

I hope that this does have as significant of an impact on gameplay both on the field and in franchise mode as you describe, Ian.

Question though, if I may: if the average NFL player is now a 70, what is the average starter?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2009, 09:22 PM   #82
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DolphinDave
I would give the offense live a bump in speed and accell. Seems every time i try to do a toss or sweep. the HB out runs the line and the linebackers and never blocked because the offensive line is to slow.
The reason why the HB outruns the line is because the OLine is blocking the same way they would for an Iso play--straight ahead. They're not trying to move with the play in Madden.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:22 PM   #83
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Madden NFL 10 blog 2: Ratings philosophy by Donny Moore

Frankly if AI pursuit angles aren't fixed, this will be the worst thing to happen to Madden since the transition to next gen.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:28 PM   #84
Banned

Jon22's Arena

OVR: 20

Turn off the Ratings System !!!!
Old 02-09-2009, 09:29 PM   #85
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW McGraw
Frankly if AI pursuit angles aren't fixed, this will be the worst thing to happen to Madden since the transition to next gen.
This is huge, given proper and realistic pursuit angles the speed fix can be allowed.

Currently, anyone who runs a HB toss to the strong side with a road grater T is going to have tons of success. Hell a buddy of mine and me (I ran w/ Forte and he blocked with C. Williams) were able to get ~2000 rushing yards with 80's rated players. Imagine this with Chris Johnson and lets say a Jordan Gross combo? I bet 1500 yards of Forte's came from HB toss to the left on the strong side. TE seals the DE and the LT gets to the second level right away. This needs to be fixed. The computer needs to recognize play calls better and needs to take better pursuit angles to the ball carrier.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2009, 09:30 PM   #86
Banned

Jon22's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
The reason why the HB outruns the line is because the OLine is blocking the same way they would for an Iso play--straight ahead. They're not trying to move with the play in Madden.
There needs to be acceleration.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:32 PM   #87
Rookie

OVR: 6

Lowering the ratings is a good thing and you mentioned tweaking the NCAA imports to follow these new ratings. I can't stress enough how important this is for the ongoing enjoyment of franchise mode. New players coming into the league must be re-rated according to the new rating scale.

One more thing about the speed (and other) ratings in respect to franchise mode. I think you should rate players in a historical context, opposed to how they rank among their contemporaries. If you think Chris Johnson is the fastest player in the history of the league, than rate him a 99 SPD.

A 99 SPD should be a special rating, given only to those players who are the fastest to ever play the game. I don't know that Chris Johnson deserves that rating. Perhaps he does, I haven't seen him play much. But I have no problem giving Peyton Manning the highest QB awareness ratings, because he is one of the best quarterbacks to ever play the game.

Rating players historically will go a long way into finding those future hall-of-famers as the franchise mode progresses.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:33 PM   #88
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon22
There needs to be acceleration.
This is sooooooooo true. More fined tuned Acceleration. You should not be able to get to full speed as soon as you hit the speed button.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »