Home

Madden NFL 10 Blog: Player Ratings - A New Philosophy, A New Era

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Blog: Player Ratings - A New Philosophy, A New Era within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2009, 09:34 PM   #89
Rookie

OVR: 11
Re: Madden NFL 10 Blog: Player Ratings - A New Philosophy, A New Era

so how does a power back play now? able to run over people?
Old 02-09-2009, 09:36 PM   #90
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Paranoia is running rampant through this thread. I guess I shouldn't be suprised considering...

Still, hopefully this translates to the dominating O-lines being, well, dominant. Then of course, the average O-lines should be average. So on and so forth.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:40 PM   #91
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden NFL 10 blog 2: Ratings philosophy by Donny Moore

It sounds great , but Im a little concerned. I was hoping the gameplay overall would be faster. Im like having to reconize my runinng lanes, and blocking schemes quickly. Like a true NFL player.

I know some hate making fast decision but I Love having to replicate the NFL as it is.

So im going to ask, Is there going to be a option for gameplay speed? If so then ill be ok.

In MLB the show I increase pitch speed so I can only have 0.4 seconds to hit a 98mph fastball, not that I time it but trust me I have to be quessing fastball inorder to hit it lol.
I really want to experience the truth, and that is what I would like in Football also.

In the NFL alot of players are crazy fast , but the difference is when a player gets it going before the next guy. Example A wr at 90 speed and a corner at 90 speed is the same , but the wr runs a double move and gets to his 90 speed before the corner. Well now the corner cant catch him cause he got to his 90 speed to late.

Managing the speed ratings isnt as tricky as u think. U just have to add into the equation the accleration raitng, and fatigue. Those 2 ratings along with speed determine the outcome perfectly.

I dont think making the range bigger is the answer. Well for speed it isnt. Other raitngs I can see opening up the range, but not speed.

The NFL is all speed. Its the ability to quickly see your opening is the difference.

Also can players only have the ratings for their position only?

Thxs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2009, 09:43 PM   #92
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Paranoia is running rampant through this thread. I guess I shouldn't be suprised considering...
Totally.

What makes me happy is...imagine if we just dropped this in some random interview in June like the old days. It is just such an awesome feeling to be able to throw this out there, take feedback, and act on it while talking back and forth with you guys. I definitely expect some paranoia/skepticism (after all, I felt the same way after playing a game with the Titans & Chris Johnson after Donny's changes ), but that's what is so great about releasing information so early. We can provide some over-arching goals and then fine tune to the expectations and suggestions of our fans.

Community interaction rulz.

Old 02-09-2009, 09:44 PM   #93
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Paranoia is running rampant through this thread.

LOL. Yeah, it is.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:51 PM   #94
Banned

OVR: 31
I love it. I used to create on Madden 08 PC half the league with cupcake teams and the other half varying from the other choices to get more variety and a wider scale of player abilities.

This is perfect for me. Now hopefully QB accuracy actually matters!!!
Old 02-09-2009, 10:04 PM   #95
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Totally.

What makes me happy is...imagine if we just dropped this in some random interview in June like the old days. It is just such an awesome feeling to be able to throw this out there, take feedback, and act on it while talking back and forth with you guys. I definitely expect some paranoia/skepticism (after all, I felt the same way after playing a game with the Titans & Chris Johnson after Donny's changes ), but that's what is so great about releasing information so early. We can provide some over-arching goals and then fine tune to the expectations and suggestions of our fans.

Community interaction rulz.
Ahhh hair on fire, running with scissors, black heliocopters, big brother...
The more important question is what did Peter Moore think of today's build? I heard he got a demo today!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2009, 10:04 PM   #96
Rookie

OVR: 1

this seems pretty good, but doesnt this mean that people will only throw to their superstars? i mean if open receivers are just dropping passes then people will have no reason to ever throw to their slot reciever, or have one at all whatsoever

and also, what do you guys have against phil rivers? he led the league in passer rating, avg yards per attempt, and tied for the league lead in TD's yet you have him ranked like a 91 or something? thats ridiculous that peyton mannning is a 99 when he threw less TD's and more int's.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »