Home

MLB '09: The Show Demo Impressions

This is a discussion on MLB '09: The Show Demo Impressions within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2009, 10:08 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 5
I actually had a couple problems with the lighting, it skiped from day light to complete darkness in a matter of two innings. And went right from daytime to darkness and skipped over the sunset. Also I did not see a moon or any stars when it was dark, there also was no damn sun. Overall though the game it self looks awsome. Can't wait till March. P.S. If you cheat me online I will find you.
Old 02-08-2009, 11:25 PM   #58
Pro

spitoon's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: MLB '09: The Show Demo Impressions

I'm pretty sure that SCEA mentioned that the transition is 'sped up' a bit for the purposes of the demo. They wanted to make sure we saw the entire day to night transition within the 4 innings.

As far as sun/moon/stars...I don't know about that. Might be something that's coming in future versions?
Old 02-09-2009, 01:05 AM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 2
Nice read man...I had no idea the demo was up, downloading it now though... MLB '08 almost won Sports Game of the Year by you guys so it's seems like this one is no question to get a crack at the title again.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:37 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 20
The SHow was the one and only reason I bought a PS3 last year. So glad I did after reading this preview. I am syked
Old 02-10-2009, 05:36 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 7
I noticed the hit thing too.. and it was me.. lol! i was swinging to fast, what worked in 08 seems to need adjustment in 09.. which in fact, is not a bad thing at all.. I could also see in the pitching.. getting use to the new meter.. good thing.. and now for this game to be PERFECt.. would be the new baltimore orioles uniforms.. more choices for throwbacks, and the new look (scoreboards and big ugly arse hotel right across the street blocking the outfield bullpen view) @ camden yards! man the wind is going to be swirlin out there because of that hotel..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2009, 06:29 PM   #62
Rookie

Brotha2ThaNight's Arena

OVR: 5
sounds so awesome...this is the only game I look forward to on the ps3
Old 02-14-2009, 04:57 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 1
Some of these things may have been addressed already in other comments.

The demo is great on the graphics and most of the gameplay but some things bother me. They need to get rid of the glitch where players are the same height as other players randomly, which was in 08 too. Also, sometimes the announcing gets cut off by other announcers. Another thing is that no one wants to play on the higher difficulty levels if they are just going to lose in the last inning by magic BS such as the pitcher taking his time throwing to first, and the computer getting homeruns and hits off of pitches that shouldn't be hit at all. Upping the difficulty should not result in the computer getting exactly what it needs even if it's impossible. It's like in Mariokart when the computer gets boosts of speed for no reason. 08 had the same problem. Whenever you play on Hall of Fame, the computer may fall behind but eventually comes out getting a hit on every single thing you do, no matter what! It's so annoying. And also when you're playing on high difficulty levels, it is rare to get a strike out. That is way too unrealistic. Pitchers should barely ever get hits as well. Especially AL pitchers, because Kazmir loves blooping in singles almost every at bat on Legend.

Some other things are that Utley, Rollins, Iwamura, Bartlett, Ruiz, Longoria, and Navarro all have 2 handed swings, but they don't in the demo. And by watching all of the videos with Teixeira, he has a 1 handed swing, but 2 in the game. If those are done correctly, the game will seem much crisper. Another thing they should do is have the glove actually close around the ball instead of it just sticking in there for no reason, because it just takes away the realistic feel when the replay shows the catcher catching a strike out when he doesn't even move his glove. Another thing is that night games at 7 on the east coast do not have the sun in view when the game starts. The game should start out with the lighting at about where is normally is at the top of the 3rd. Those little things will really make the game better.

I know this is only a demo and they could have fixed all of these things (I pray for the height glitch to be gone), but I'm just saying what I got out of the demo.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:00 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 2
Looks pretty good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »