Home

Major League Baseball 2K9 Video: Orioles @ Bluejays (Hits)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K9 Video: Orioles @ Bluejays (Hits) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-21-2009, 12:57 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Video: Orioles @ Bluejays (Hits)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Well, I'm not going to get too deep without it sounding like I'm just looking for bad things to talk about, but Markakis only hit four home runs in that vicinity last year, none of which cleared 400 feet. It was a runaway two-seamer well off the plate that he scorched off the end of the bat, to boot.

It just leads me to believe that this won't be a one time occurrence, even for players weaker than little Nicky.

- you are going over the top now. never played a basketball game and seen someone dunk who never dunks? ever seen a WR burn a db who they'd never burn in real life in madden?

so now we are holding 2ksports to a higher standard than we do other sports video games? an almost unrealistic one at that?

Last edited by sirwoodz; 02-21-2009 at 01:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2009, 01:01 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitstreak13
I actually thought there was a missed frame as well, sort of like a delay. Well, it might have just been us 2 because others would have already mentioned this.
- it's the videos. the HD gaming website has videos up, and they run pretty smooth. so do the ones at gamespot...
Old 02-21-2009, 01:04 PM   #27
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirwoodz

- you are going over the top now. never played a basketball game and saw someone dunk who never dunks? ever seen a WR burn a db who they'd never burn in real life?

so now we are holding 2ksports to a higher standard than we do other sports video games? an almost unrealistic one at that?
It's not that. Since 2K5, it seems as though pitch location, player capabilities, Inside Edge... all of that is pretty much irrelevant. No joke, I've blasted 435 foot home runs with Rich Aurilia in RCF at AT&T Park. That's not just impossible, that's unimaginable. Players like Jhonny Peralta cranking an inside pitch the other way with full authority like Ortiz would with a "meatball" in real life is a simple indication of stuff like this being pretty off.

Remember, a lot of it has to do with the fact that they have an implemented Inside Edge feature not properly working. The other lot has to do with this game's history of having this issue, and that, when comparing to the Ortiz home run that people had a problem with earlier, this one deserves to have a flag thrown.

BTW I have a problem with flashy Derek Fisher dunks in basketball games as well.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 02-21-2009, 01:23 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 23

Derek Jeter dunking would be even more unrealistic. If Derek Jeter were a basketball player he would be Tony Parker. Totally unrelated.
Old 02-21-2009, 01:30 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 21

I hope they got copyright permission from Mattell on the runners moving on the bases graphic. Most of you are way too young, but for those of you who may have played electric baseball, didn't it remind you of that??

; )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg electricbaseball.jpg (10.9 KB, 141 views)

Last edited by capa; 02-21-2009 at 01:36 PM.
Old 02-21-2009, 01:50 PM   #30
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Remember when I said Ortiz's homer in that IGN video didn't bother me?

Well, that Markakis homer in this video bothered me.
Yeah, I shook my head when I saw that as well. Had the ball cleared the fence by a few feet, I would have been ok with it, but that thing cleared the fence by a good 30-40 feet. No way.
Old 02-21-2009, 01:53 PM   #31
MVP

jorge380's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
I hope they got copyright permission from Mattell on the runners moving on the bases graphic. Most of you are way too young, but for those of you who may have played electric baseball, didn't it remind you of that??

; )
Wow just got some memories!Played this game like crazy back in 81.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2009, 01:58 PM   #32
Pro

Bwnarrow3's Arena

OVR: 10

Thanks for all the videos Steve. However, I'm getting more and more sceptical as I watch them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »