Home

Madden NFL 10 Blog - Improvements to QB Position

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Blog - Improvements to QB Position within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-24-2009, 01:22 AM   #121
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: New Madden NFL 10 blog post - QB improvements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargersa7x
Funny.... This is the best news I've read about madden in a long time, and its not a new "big feature." Its just a great improvement to gameplay.

Keep up the great news and good work!
Big plus 1. This blog has me more excited for Madden than I have been in years!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2009, 01:43 AM   #122
Rookie

OVR: 1

Brett Favre
1. Deep Ball Accuracy: 0
2. Medium Passing Accuracy: 72
3. Short Passing Accuracy: 95
4. Throw on the Run: -25
5. Play Action: 45

Sincerely, po'd Jets fan
Old 02-24-2009, 01:44 AM   #123
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11

CHaaaMMPPiiionnCHiiiP !
Old 02-24-2009, 03:57 AM   #124
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Wow, it's amazing to see some things we've long asked for on OS finally be put in the game. I may have picked the wrong year to swear I'd never buy Madden again.
Glad I did not buy last years. It was like all the rest since 05. This year is starting to sound like what we want. I am getting madden this year for sure. No easy tasked, I have not bought madden since 05, but Ian has hooked me. Here is my 60 bucks
Old 02-24-2009, 04:59 AM   #125
Rookie

KingCashus's Arena

OVR: 6

Things are really starting to look up for the future of Madden. Layered Blending + Procedural Awareness + future announcements = players reacting like real humans.

I want to see effort from my Defensive player to bring down a runner like Adrian Peterson, for example. If he doesn't give 100 percent and just tries to arm tackle instead of lowering the shoulder and holding on for dear life after he makes contact, then it's going to result in a big gain. Better keep your head on a swivel to see and avoid blockers, and slow down a little bit, or else you will get "'crackbacked''... Etc.

But back to the QB improvement: Great job on the expanded passing ratings being implemented. Keep it up guys.

NBA 2K14 Next Gen is a must-buy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2009, 05:36 AM   #126
Rookie

OVR: 5

I posted this in the QB ratings thread but I think it's better to post here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xipie
I'm very happy with this news
I'm not going to rate QB's because lot of people already did..
IMO a lot are way to high.. I like how AlexBrady rated the players though..

I'm just wondering how this will work..
Let's say Flacco has THP 96 and DPA 90..so the deep ball is his weapon.. how will this translate in the difficulty to pull deep passes off? Will it be easy for him to pass for 300+ a game by throwing 6 long bombs?
Does the defensive AI adjust to the QB's strenghts?

Another thing about the ratings..

1. Deep Ball Accuracy: Determines the accuracy on deep passes (streaks, deep posts, etc)
2. Medium Passing Accuracy: Determines the accuracy on medium passes (outs, corners, etc)
3. Short Passing Accuracy: Determines the accuracy on short passes (quick smash, flats, etc)

The wide recievers... maybe a little too much and maybe this is also adressed by overall route running but wouldn't it be an idea to also implement these ratings to recievers..
1. Deep Ball Routes
2. Medium Passing Routes
3. Short Passing Routes

So yeah just thought about it could be a nice addition
Old 02-24-2009, 06:12 AM   #127
Rookie

OVR: 7

This is great Maddden is gonna be so great. I am so happy. You guys got my 60 bucks
Old 02-24-2009, 06:26 AM   #128
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
Just curious...How would you translate leadership to gameplay mechanics? How would that be implemented? Sounds interesting nonetheless.
I feel like they could add QB ratings like leadership, consistency, and maybe a clutch/heart rating. In fact these could be universal ratings for other players.

I think it could be allot like the "player roles" feature from last gen's madden 06. In that game they had roles like Team Captian, and Franchise QB, etc. These players would make every player on thier side of the ball get a ratings boost in the 4th quarter, and on 3rd downs. They also made younger players develop faster and made it less likely for players to cause problems on the team.

So players with High leadership would make other players play better on their side of the ball, especially in clutch situations/make players develop faster in franchise mode.

Consistency- This could affect the algorithms that Ian spoke of earlier. High consistency means your QB or WR/DE always plays up too their ability, players with poor consistency will have bad games for no reason, WRs will get shut down. DE's will take plays off and have games where it seems like they get no pressure. I think this could work great with the new ratings philosophy to really seperate John Abraham from Adewale Ogunleye. Ogun is a great pass rusher, but he doesnt bring the pressure every down, he gets in in spurts. John Abraham is a true playmaker.

Clutch/Heart could be another modifier for leadership. I guess it would do the same thing so maybe it isnt as important...

But we all know that there is allot more to a QB than his arm. Jeff George had an elite NFL arm and bounce around the league because his attitude and persona didnt make hime an ideal NFL QB.

Who knows maybe this stuff is next year, but I hope they squeeze it in somehow.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »