Home

MLB 2K9 Release-Day Patch Details

This is a discussion on MLB 2K9 Release-Day Patch Details within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2009, 09:21 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
MLB 2K9 Release-Day Patch Details

A release-day patch will be hitting gamers next week when MLB 2K9 is officially released on store shelves.

OS had previously learned about the patch via a post made by Erick Boenisch, the lead features designer on MLB 2K9, but did not have many details about the patch itself.

After contacting 2K representatives, OS now has some more official patch details. In addition to fixing the bug in the franchise mode that had been causing players to languish in free agency because most teams lacked enough funds to adequately pay free agents, the below bullet points are some of the additional fixes.
  • Added the ability for users to accept game invites while playing inside Franchise mode.
  • Improved the game response time when there is a loss of connection originating at the user’s network router/hub.
  • Addressed an issue where a disconnect would sometimes occur when a user without a HDD attempted to play an Xbox Live Player Match with only a 512MB MU storage device installed.
  • An issue regarding playoff tiebreakers occurring after playing through at least 15 years of franchise mode has been addressed. In the unlikely event that 8 or more teams tie for the wild card, the game will now handle the event properly.
  • Additional Rich Presence support has been added to the game to help users more easily identify what their friends are currently doing while playing Major League Baseball 2K9.
  • If a user had a storage device named using Asian or Russian characters, the title would display these characters improperly. This issue has been resolved.
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2009, 09:30 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: MLB 2K9 Release-Day Patch Details

Thanks bunches, Chase.

I hope there is a second patch to address any other issues, if they pop up (CPU selectivity, I'm looking at you).
Old 02-27-2009, 09:30 PM   #3
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Not exactly what I was hoping for, but I guess the little gameplay quirks need to be played out by a bunch of users before a patch would address that (meaning they might not have been "seen" as a problem prior to release).

Still though, good a release day patch is coming out. Thanks for the info Chase
Old 02-27-2009, 09:33 PM   #4
Pro

JoshCA916's Arena

OVR: 17

thats great for people who own a 360 i guess, ps3 has a HDD and we don't have live, so it appears 2k is only looking into the 360 again, well i guess as logn as i can get the patch to fix franchise and the frame rate is clean i will survive this year
Old 02-27-2009, 09:43 PM   #5
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshCA916
thats great for people who own a 360 i guess, ps3 has a HDD and we don't have live, so it appears 2k is only looking into the 360 again, well i guess as logn as i can get the patch to fix franchise and the frame rate is clean i will survive this year
I wouldn't panic just yet...lol. Who's to say that the PS3 had the same problems? Obviously that's the 360 specific problem you're referrring to, so maybe the PS3 didn't have a related issue?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2009, 09:45 PM   #6
Pro

JoshCA916's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
I wouldn't panic just yet...lol. Who's to say that the PS3 had the same problems? Obviously that's the 360 specific problem you're referrring to, so maybe the PS3 didn't have a related issue?
if it's ported over(and it is) there is almost a 100% chance the issue is on the ps3 too
Old 02-27-2009, 09:49 PM   #7
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
  • An issue regarding playoff tiebreakers occurring after playing through at least 15 years of franchise mode has been addressed. In the unlikely event that 8 or more teams tie for the wild card, the game will now handle the event properly.
What a relief. This was my number one concern.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:51 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
What a relief. This was my number one concern.
Yah, I wish I had time to play 15 seasons lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »