Home

Major League Baseball 2K9 Patch #2 Details

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K9 Patch #2 Details within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-20-2009, 05:19 PM   #57
Black Mamba

Shadymamba's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: patch #2 details

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmillhimes
Im holding out hope that there is some kind of fix to this game. As mentioned, this game would be a 9.0 if everything worked. Ive been seeing more and more people complaining about freezes in franchise mode...NOT GOOD
dude i know man..you play a 1 hour game only for it to freeze going back to the menu screen...thats a big
CFB: Oregon Ducks '10

I HATE TO LOSE MORE THAN I LOVE TO WIN
--------------------------------------------------
Twitter: Rileyfcol
PSN: Doc_Hollladay
Instagram:7_wolfe
Old 03-20-2009, 07:07 PM   #58
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Patch #2 Details

if outfield fielding snafu's are COMPLETELY eliminated (meaning outfielders catch when they should, react to balls properly, and no slowdowns) this patch is a winner for me....outfield play as it stands now is a game-killer for me
Old 03-21-2009, 12:07 AM   #59
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by young_bucs_fan
dude i know man..you play a 1 hour game only for it to freeze going back to the menu screen...thats a big
I just had the worst game...three...THREE missed fly balls in a row, all resulting in triples, then the AI tries to suicide squeeze. I know I'm not catching the guy at home so I toss it to first. Guy just stands there, batter runs right through him and is safe..no tag even.

Then in the 11th inning, the game freezes when I pinch hit for the pitcher. Good job 2k!
Old 03-21-2009, 01:21 AM   #60
Glory to the Brave!

Guffers's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by young_bucs_fan
I had this happen with the Show the other night. I made it into the 10th inning in tense spring training battle, I had come back from 4 runs down to finally take the lead....then the game freezes and its all for nought.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:20 AM   #61
MVP

Scooter3's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick02
To me all that matters is where video games are going. Compare 09 where it is today to 08 and u have a better game. Compare it to 08 after the patch and we could be looking at something close to the show. To me ratings mean nothing half of them are done by people who have never played a sports game before. You can tell by reaing there articles instead of just looking at there score.
This is good news I agree this is a better game than the 08' game out of the box. This patch will boost the quality of this game. Happy VC is in charge.

I have two games this year that I love.

A couple of things that I would like to see next year is:

1) Offer all the legends in the free agents list. I want to play with them in my franchise or season modes...

2) 2K9's face tool is weak please go back to the drawing board and come up with a more in depth offering.

3) Just bring back 2K3's Home-Run visuals.

scooter....

Mark Twain:
" Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to."

U.S. Army Veteran
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2009, 10:24 AM   #62
Pro

budsticky's Arena

OVR: 13

In regards to the patching issue in general, it has certainly changed things. I know for me personally, I will never buy a sports game on day of release anymore. Maybe I'm older now and have better impulse control, but I used to be first in line for the yearly Madden releases and 2K baseball releases and stuff like that. These days I won't buy a sports game until it has been out at least a week or two. This caution has saved me a lot of money on games that in the past would have ended up as coasters. Just in the past two or three months I have saved myself $100 by passing on Front Office Manager and MLB 2k9 based on stuff I have read here. Yes, I can hear the trolls barking already about how I can't tell if I don't actually play the game. I think I can tell from reading well thought out reviews whether I will like a game or not. And the flaws I have read on these games let me know I made the right decision not to jump on them.

I wonder how many beta releases sports developers have to put out until they get enough people like me who are gun shy to buy a game early to where it significantly effects their all important early sales numbers.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:45 AM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 7

Do you think they could patch the dirt blowing across the infield to look as good as it did in 2k7 and 2k8? Not the little balls of dirt that don't dissapate as they cross the field. If they fix everything listed in the patch and that, it would be a great(better than it already is) game. Who's with me?
Old 03-21-2009, 11:13 AM   #64
MVP

OVR: 9

How about just take the dirt-balls out completely. It looks fake, it doesn't actually happen that way with clay, and it looks ridiculous. JUst take that code out of there.

syf

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »