Home

Fight Night Round 4 Heavyweights Revealed (IGN)

This is a discussion on Fight Night Round 4 Heavyweights Revealed (IGN) within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2009, 09:54 PM   #9
Banned

thelwig14's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Fight Night Round 4 Heavyweights Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I gotta agree. You dont have the top 2 heavyweights in Boxing? The only two that matter right now? Cmon. But they put James Toney in the game. You cant tell me they couldnt have signed someone like Arreola to help beef up the heavys.

All I'll say is Create a Boxer better be incredible.

I don't have much faith in the CAB as the trunks on the real fighters are grossly off. Just zero accountability...it is just brutal.

The ****ing Klitschkos were in Knockout Kings 2002...hell, the Fight Nights haven't even gotten close to the rosters of the Knockout Kings games.

The Klitschkos, Nipples, and Haye 100% should be in the game.

EA has no business/market sense. You capture a much larger international market and move more units with the above 4 fighters...which all could be licensed on the cheap.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:55 PM   #10
Banned

thelwig14's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown
It's GOTTA be a licensing issue or royalties or both...sucks tho.

It isn't. That may be an excuse they will lobby...but I know for a fact it is incorrect. I could have the 4 fighters signed, sealed, and delivered before lunch with whatever figure EA is willing to pony up.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:39 PM   #11
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelwig14
I don't have much faith in the CAB as the trunks on the real fighters are grossly off. Just zero accountability...it is just brutal.

The ****ing Klitschkos were in Knockout Kings 2002...hell, the Fight Nights haven't even gotten close to the rosters of the Knockout Kings games.

The Klitschkos, Nipples, and Haye 100% should be in the game.

EA has no business/market sense. You capture a much larger international market and move more units with the above 4 fighters...which all could be licensed on the cheap.
Maybe I'm different but if I had to choose between Foreman (who you know costs a ton) or Vlad and Vitali..I'm taking the brothers. I like the older fighters but current fighters should be more than half of the roster. Current fighters make up less than 20 percent of heavys (I'm not counting Toney because he hasnt been a real fighter in years).

Do you know how many copies they would sell in Europe with Haye and the Klitschkos? A ton.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2009, 10:46 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Maybe I'm different but if I had to choose between Foreman (who you know costs a ton) or Vlad and Vitali..I'm taking the brothers. I like the older fighters but current fighters should be more than half of the roster. Current fighters make up less than 20 percent of heavys (I'm not counting Toney because he hasnt been a real fighter in years).

Do you know how many copies they would sell in Europe with Haye and the Klitschkos? A ton.
I would love to see Haye. You never know what the story is behind signing a fighter to a game or the time line involved.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:45 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 22
Re: Fight Night Round 4 Heavyweights Revealed (IGN)

Is it just me, or does James Toney look terrible. He looked exactly like himself in Round 3 though. Will they be releasing the other weight classes like this?
Old 03-28-2009, 12:07 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 5

hmmm...yeah that's a pretty weak roster. Fast Eddie Chambers as the only current boxer on that list..that's cool. They might as well call this game Legends of Boxing.

And isn't the last remaining heavyweight Tommy Morrison? Very disappointing roster.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:08 AM   #15
MVP

sva91's Arena

OVR: 10

Why do Tyson and Ali have their short shorts, yet Foreman and Frazier are wearing freaking Memphis Tigers Shorts???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2009, 12:24 AM   #16
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Well I'm not super happy about the list, but the CAP - IF you can put them in the division w/o your control could save it easily. This is like All-pro football, because w/ boxing you have to go out and get different fighters and their promoters etc... that's the major advantage the UFC game devs have is that total access - imagine if boxing was organized into one dominant league. It would be slightly less exciting because the confusion adds to the controversy imo and they cross organizations anyway - it's really just a wonky ratings system - but it lacks that cohesive power to just walk in and have all the guys on the same page.

I thought a roster of 40 guys for a boxing game is quite good, but you guys are right, if most of them are from yesteryear it makes things a little more awkward - the suspension of disbelief suffers...

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »