Home

MLB 2K9 Post-Patch Impressions (360 & PS3 merged)

This is a discussion on MLB 2K9 Post-Patch Impressions (360 & PS3 merged) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2009, 09:39 AM   #89
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: ***Official patch 2 impressions thread (PS3 only)***

Hmmm..might have to give this game a second chance. Been playing the Show and shelved 2k9 until the patch. I didn't want to trade it in until i gave it a fighting chance.
New Youtube Gaming Channel -- SpicyChicharron
Follow me on Twitter
Old 04-02-2009, 09:47 AM   #90
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simp
I don't understand why everybody cares so much about editing stances and deliveries. I mean why would you want to spend hours tinkering with that stuff when you could be playing the game?
For many, they are going to spend a few hours tinkering and several hundred hours playing, so they probably want to make things as right as possible so it's as realistic as possible when they are playing the game. Signiture stances and deliveries are a huge part of what makes this game feel real, so if you want to create a player who is not in the game, it follows suit to want to give them a stance that closely resemles their own.

Also, it just looks generic if you want to create a bunch of players and they all look exactly the same at the plate.

I understand it's not for everyone, but it is important to many. And if it's not something that can be fixed in a patch, we have to live with it...hopefully they fix it next year.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:07 AM   #91
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
Playing the Pirates right now and Name MCloud is a C. Will update this post on the next batter. Freddy Sanchez has an F. lol
That's probably about right. Sanchez doesn't walk much at all and while McLouth has some plate discipline, he's still a rather aggressive hitter. Patience at the plate has been an organizational weakness for the Buccos for a while now... along with a lot of other things. Zing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simp
I don't understand why everybody cares so much about editing stances and deliveries.
I was really disappointed to see that we couldn't edit these, as it really adds to the immersion for me. I really enjoyed finding the best stances for all the Pirates, since most of them have generic stances and I know what their real ones look like. I'll deal with it, but it's still disappointing...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2009, 10:25 AM   #92
MVP

funky_chicken's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
oh yeah, no shhhhh. lol I got backwards.

Pitching seems to be tougher as well. If you mess up a little on the timing, he will throw a bad bad pitch.
I did notice you can not pinpoint your pitches as well, which is a good thing. I remember a few times in the game I played last night I am a fastball down and in to right handed batters and it ended up down but in the middle of the plate and not in.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:29 AM   #93
Rookie

The Living Legend's Arena

OVR: 6

I agree with someone that already posted, Sux that the progressive lighting that was so messed up was not on the list. Seems to me such a easy fix but i guess not.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:44 AM   #94
MVP

OVR: 13

I pray this patch hits tomorrow for the 360. I haven't played a game in a couple days (I've been busy), and I'm doing to spend a couple hours with it. I'd rather play the post-patch version!
Old 04-02-2009, 10:53 AM   #95
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendanrfoley
I pray this patch hits tomorrow for the 360. I haven't played a game in a couple days (I've been busy), and I'm doing to spend a couple hours with it. I'd rather play the post-patch version!
supposedly the patch is coming out tomorrow morning when microsoft does their updates. as for the patch, it really looks like it fixed the major issues with gameplay. although at the 2k boards they are saying that in franchise mode, the injury bug is stilll there. (ugh) anyway, i am eager for the patch for the 360 to be released so i can start my franchise. hurry up microsoft!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2009, 10:54 AM   #96
Glory to the Brave!

Guffers's Arena

OVR: 16

Guys I have to take back my last post. The AI still seems super aggressive to me and still swings at garbage constantly. This is really depressing but I think its game over for me with this title. I really hope you 360 guys can get some enjoyment from it but you deserve far better. I'm back to the other game. I may give this one more chance but after 2 hours with it tonight I feel really deflated. I was hoping for an alternative game this year but I guess it wasn't to be.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »