Home

NCAA Football 10 Video: Online Dynasty

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Video: Online Dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2009, 11:50 AM   #97
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: NCAA Football 10 Video: Online Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sEcTiOn8
Again my friend that does happen. Like I said, guys that are totally off the radar that have incredible senior seasons and are elevated from lower rated recruits to higher rated recruits. I understand your point as they would still have had some contact, but I understand what they are trying to do. Not 100% totally realistic, but not 100% totally unrealistic either.

I think they are just trying to inject some true WORTH into the post season reruiting period.
You can be off LSU or Florida's radar by being say a 2* prospect but that doesn't mean your off FAU's or Troy's for example. You could possibly jump up to a 4* prospect with an excellent SR season and some physical maturity but you would still not totally be off the radar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
Revising rankings and having a recruit move up is fine. That doesn't seem to be the case the way RK put it. Inserting some artificial BS to add more recruits in the off-season is dumb. Have revised rankings and have more recruits slow play the process by the meter taking way longer to fill before committing. That is close to natural.
This pretty much sums it up. It has been done in other games and if you're gonna hold some recruits til the end just for the sake of holding them then at least have some kind of "improvement/regression" for recruits. Recruiting isn't an exact science and I don't expect EA to fully implement a real-life representation, but this just doesn't seem logical to me.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:52 AM   #98
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
Read above. That was all that was needed. Some prospects already do this by staying at a "10 schools remaining" status for the whole season until the offseason.

Truth be told, we shouldn't be willing to accept anything less than National Signing Day and players soft committing during the season and changing commitments in the offseason based on swaying/pitching.

That fixes all of these minor problems and mimics real life.
Now that would be something to see. A little press conference with some player putting on a schools hat.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:57 AM   #99
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
Now that would be something to see. A little press conference with some player putting on a schools hat.
At least for the top 5 players right...lol
Old 04-10-2009, 11:59 AM   #100
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbdeuce
At least for the top 5 players right...lol
Yeah, I don't need to see the 200th ranked Guard put on a Tulane hat
Old 04-10-2009, 12:06 PM   #101
MVP

OVR: 46
it looks like recruiting is going to be great this year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2009, 12:10 PM   #102
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

^^^ Really?
Old 04-10-2009, 12:30 PM   #103
Rookie

Macc24JR's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Online Dynasty: First Look Video

Personally, I'm easy to impress I think. I think NCAA 09 is still fun, I mean yea there's things I wish it had and changes I wish they would've made but I still play it, have fun playing it and spend a little more time than I probably should playing it. I think the menus look slick as fuck and I defenitely like that the player pictures aren't wearing a helmet. (Is it just me or does anyone else think the Revolution helmets look GAY AS FUCK!? And don't want to recruit anyone wearing one even if they're a 5* and your schools their #1? No? Ok)

I guess I kinda see it half full instead of half empty, I'd be lying to say I'm not going to do whatever it takes to get this game the first day it comes out.

Custom Conferences is cool, holding back players is cool when you look at it from the aspect that guys like Terrel Pryor who was the nations leading recruit took SO long to make his decision well after NSD (I think? Chill out!). I don't think they're trying to go 'realistic' I think they're just trying to make it easier for you to get better recruits for your team, leaving some guys untouched for the user.

I'm pumped.

MLB - Atlanta Braves
NFL - Philly Eagles / Seattle Seahawks
NHL - Chicago Blackhawks
NBA - Detroit Pistons
College - USC Trojans
Old 04-10-2009, 12:53 PM   #104
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Why would anyone want realistic???

Nice one. You are exactly what EA wants. One who is easy to impress. You said it all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »