Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10: Graphical Improvements

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10: Graphical Improvements within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2009, 04:08 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 11
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10: Graphical Improvements

EA has just posted another Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 blog. This one features the graphical improvements.

Quote:
"Golf is probably the one sports video game where the environments are essentially the game: you “play the course”, as opposed to simply golfing on top of it. In Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10, anything from the thickness of the grass to a simple drop on the terrain will affect your game, just like in real life. So to create a high-quality virtual golf course, accuracy and authenticity are fundamental. The other caveat of a golf video game is that the smallest detail in the environment will be noticed by the player, as you spend a good portion of your time scrutinizing the course and its surroundings.

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 environments showcase dramatic improvements, as we enhanced and revamped practically every area of the game with an utmost attention to the smallest visual details: we now have more realistic skies, lifelike water reflections, faithful shadows, flourishing vegetation, etc."

Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2009, 04:20 PM   #2
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59
Re: Latest TW10 Blog: Graphical Improvements

Looks great.

NFL - Carolina Panthers
NBA - Charlotte Hornets
MLB - Cincinnati Reds
College Basketball - Wake Forest
NCAA Football - Appalachian State
Old 04-13-2009, 06:17 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 24

Looks incredible. Call me cynical but with improved graphics, real putting mechanics, realistic club distances and apparently improved online play, how the hell did they make so many improvements in a short development cycle after all the years of minor and cosmetic improvements from year to year. Why do I get this sinking feeling that all this stuff will be great but there will be a killer bug that will ruin the game. I just can't beleive they can change so much in 9 months without screwing up something badly. I'm crossing my fingers.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:50 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
Looks incredible. Call me cynical but with improved graphics, real putting mechanics, realistic club distances and apparently improved online play, how the hell did they make so many improvements in a short development cycle after all the years of minor and cosmetic improvements from year to year. Why do I get this sinking feeling that all this stuff will be great but there will be a killer bug that will ruin the game. I just can't beleive they can change so much in 9 months without screwing up something badly. I'm crossing my fingers.
TW10 has been in development for over a year. EA had another team working on TW10 even before TW09 finished. I have a feeling they wanted many of these features to show up in 09, but due to EA Sports release schedule for 09 titles, the game would have been very delayed. For once, I think EA is seeing the light on development and it would not surprise me if they have another team working on TW11 already. Mere speculation on my part about TW11 though....
Old 04-13-2009, 09:54 PM   #5
Ty
Just A Kid

Ty's Arena

OVR: 18

Wow, looking good.

Kansas City Royals

Xbox Live: Ty Dyes

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2009, 07:35 AM   #6
Rookie

BLB34's Arena

OVR: 5

The improvements look great, but I hope there are more courses available this year. If they are putting so much time and effort into making the courses look and play great I am more apt to pay extra for DLC only courses. However, if we can't use the DLC courses in career mode then they really have only limited value.

I'm looking forward to hearing more about TW10... the announcements and blogs have been pretty infrequent the last several weeks. Hopefully we'll hear more soon.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:54 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 9

The graphics are definately looking more crisp and improved but until I see GAMEPLAY it really doesnt mean much.
Old 04-14-2009, 03:54 PM   #8
Pro

rolltide1017's Arena

OVR: 7

Those graphic updates look great. That is one of the biggest leaps in a single year for TW in a long time. Honestly, I thought the top picture was the game and bottom was real at first (until I looked at the water and saw the big "10" in the corner). That is very impressive work for one year, if only NCAA could do the same.

How can I even play 09 anymore after seeing this and reading about all the new features. I'm just too excited about TW this year to play 09 anymore, mind as well trade it in already. For the first time, I honestly think I'm more excited about TW this year then NCAA!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »