Home

NFL Players Now Intend to Sue Madden, EA

This is a discussion on NFL Players Now Intend to Sue Madden, EA within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2009, 11:15 AM   #65
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: NFL Players Now Intend to Sue Madden, EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layoneil
make historic rosters DLC, give the retired players 25%.
We'd have to pay for it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2009, 12:15 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
We'd have to pay for it.
There are a ton of things I'd like done this way... You give people a Madden game which only uses space time and information on a disck for a straight up football game... A vs. modes only (quick play and online) and one season. Charge 40$ for it. Superstar 10$, Franchise 10$, Historic Rosters 5$ and all that other stuff comes to you via DLC...

The only catch is that the core game must be solid in order for it to work... But if it were, you'd get your gammers happy and allow people that want certain fetures to get them, while not forcing your gamers to get features they don't want (I'm looking at you Superstar)...
Old 04-21-2009, 12:19 PM   #67
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingking77
There are a ton of things I'd like done this way... You give people a Madden game which only uses space time and information on a disck for a straight up football game... A vs. modes only (quick play and online) and one season. Charge 40$ for it. Superstar 10$, Franchise 10$, Historic Rosters 5$ and all that other stuff comes to you via DLC...

The only catch is that the core game must be solid in order for it to work... But if it were, you'd get your gammers happy and allow people that want certain fetures to get them, while not forcing your gamers to get features they don't want (I'm looking at you Superstar)...
That's actually a great idea. Plus it would allow, as you stated, the developers to work on the core game engine, which is what the game should be about.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:34 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLHITMAN
It doesn't say present day NFL Players does it? Once a NFL Player you will always be associated with it. The thread title is right on.
Of all the arguments you could have used to support it, this was the worst, weakest, and most cliche argument.

It's not common to refer to ex-NFL players as simply NFL players. Even the article consistently refers to them as retirees. It was just a bit confusing, but no biggie. A simple click cleared up any confusions.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:35 PM   #69
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

Or, EA could charge $15 for Franchise, $15 for Superstar, $15 for Head Coach, $15 for Roster edits, and still charge $59.99 for the game.

Because it is EA people. Never settle for less, always demand more.

Old 04-22-2009, 08:08 AM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
Or, EA could charge $15 for Franchise, $15 for Superstar, $15 for Head Coach, $15 for Roster edits, and still charge $59.99 for the game.

Because it is EA people. Never settle for less, always demand more.
At this point, getting a solid/working core game, even at 59$ is more then we already have right now... At least we'd be getting something that works this time. Like a car, you can get a standard model that starts everytime and never needs repairs, or you can get a car with an LE package with all the electric lights, mirrors, warming seats, pimp stereo, but it doesn't drive... I personally just want a car I can drive... I just want a football game I can play... At this point we've only gotten broken LE editions and have yet to get a solid and reliable daily driver...
Old 04-22-2009, 08:48 AM   #71
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

I don't really visit the Madden forums much anymore. I've been checking out the '10 thread to see the stuff EA is working on and it actually looks decent so far....

But, I find it funny while I read through thsi thread, I was looking in the left side the whole time looking for a pink/purple name. I have no doubt EA has alot in this. I think if what I'm readign is true, this actually started with PA and retired players. But since the PA is tied w/ Madden, that's what brought the retired players into the electronic argument. If I'm wrong, my bad. I also think EA has a litle more to do w/ this for a simple reason, anytime I've seen EA being accused of something there's usually an upper in here defending EA or w/e. 7 pages and no nice colorful names to be seen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2009, 05:40 PM   #72
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshiznetno1
...I also think EA has a litle more to do w/ this for a simple reason, anytime I've seen EA being accused of something there's usually an upper in here defending EA or w/e. 7 pages and no nice colorful names to be seen.
It's not uncommon to keep silent about pending litigation... And besides, this doesn't really involve the developers and other EA people who post here. This is above them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »