Home

NCAA Football 10 Hands-Off First Impressions

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Hands-Off First Impressions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2009, 02:18 PM   #25
Rookie

godylla's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NCAA Football 10 Hands-Off First Impressions

How can they take the animation away from just the line? So what if I bring a LB or a DB on a blitz and I try to do a right stick move? Is the hit stick completely gone?

"Don't give up, don't ever give up."
- Jimmy V.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2009, 02:38 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 39

nice aritcle, i like the d-line control with the right stick now.
Old 04-27-2009, 03:36 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 8

I don't see it as a real continuation of online dynasties because I suspect the records that we have built won't be imported and we'll start at the beginning of the 09 season. Still, it is cool that we can recreate our rosters (but sounds time intensive.)
Old 04-27-2009, 03:55 PM   #28
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

Thanks for the impressions!

My question relates to the following defensive enhancements...

Quote:
On the defensive side of the ball, you now have the ability to key in on certain types of plays before the snap. You have four options –- pass, run left, run right or run middle.

The defense this year can also "spotlight" certain players before the snap. This allows you to pay extra attention to the spotlighted player, which should give you a better chance of shutting him down.

NCAA also includes a new "game plan" feature. Essentially, you are able to tweak certain settings, and each setting has a positive and negative associated with it.

For instance, you might choose to have your defense focus on intercepting passes instead of covering the receiver. This means you might intercept more passes, but there is also a better chance that your defense will get burned down the field on a double move or miss an interception and give up a big play.

Will the CPU take advantage of these options? Or are these features only available to the user?

Thanks.
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.
Old 04-27-2009, 04:08 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 4

So is there any chance that when we are building a team that we can edit the school records?

I want to be able to build a team from scratch and then go into their actual record book and make the records as close to the actual as possible.

Can this happen, or will they just be randomly generated?
Old 04-27-2009, 04:29 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 1
Have they made any changes to the campus legend mode? It was enjoyable to have user participation in determining someone's grades. And it was very annoying to have to sit back and watch the QB throw pick after pick or watch the RB gain negative yardage or see screens called every third play where the QB would sacked, even if you tried to call for the ball.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:00 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 11

One thing I'd like to see fixed on defense is that for me at least I thought short passes were far too easy. I play as Texas and sure it's what they do in real life too, but I thought it was just a little bit too easy to carve up the defense, in Madden the defenders would really do a good job of bumping receivers around before 5 yards.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2009, 05:53 PM   #32
MVP

atlplayboy23's Arena

OVR: 10

Nice blog Im loving the new ideas. Especially the player spotlight

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »