Home

Madden NFL 10 Blog: Letting the "Wildcat" Loose

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Blog: Letting the "Wildcat" Loose within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2009, 01:19 AM   #233
Rookie

OVR: 2
It's all looking pretty good but my main concerns are players leg movements and lighting.

It seems that when EA tweak the game speed, ie; slow players down - it looks as though the animation has slowed down also, which when comparing it to real life, the leg speed movement actually looks far too slow for the amount of ground a player is covering. When you look closely at the real footage, the backs tend to take small quick steps through the pocket and then stride out once room has opened up. Maybe this can be something EA should look at for future installments.

And further more, possibly incorporating size/position specific leg movement, ie; small RB's have smaller strides, Tall WR's tend to really stretch their strides etc.

My other point is lighting. Even on the sunniest of days in Madden, it always seems like its overcast when looking purely at the field and players (not the sky). I think maybe the uniforms need to better reflect a bright day, so too the grass.

Both these additions would really add to the realism.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:39 AM   #234
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: Madden NFL 10 Blog: Letting the "Wildcat" Loose

Awesome stuff.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:04 AM   #235
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun styles
The knock on custom plays online is that the will be abused.

THIS WILL BE ABUSED. Massively. I promise you that the defensive adjustments available will be insufficient to stop the wildcat. Mark my words.
This isn't a custom play. Ian has already said you can't audible out of it. He's also said that the Defense adjusted to stop him running it over and over again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
much like the fade route in the 2k series
That's a different issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun styles
Where are the run-support assignments on defense?

Where are the alignment audibles to get my defenders in position to stop this cheeze?

Where are the custom zone coverages to stop the little dink and dunk passes it will produce?

Where are the weapons on DEFENSE to stop the cheeze on offense?

And if I can't have those tools, WHY CAN'T I CREATE MY OWN?
Because you said yourself that custom plays would be abused online. That goes for defense as well as offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droopy03
Everything looked good expect the last pass play. It doesnt reallly feel that it is a wildcat swept fake pass. Pat white fakes the hand off then stands still. that looks just like a regular playaction and not confusing at all. That last video was NOT good at all and lets please address that.
Agreed, it should be a designed roll out at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelysk
I wonder if the Dolphins will have that fake reverse pass with pennington. If not they should ad it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72bbo...eature=related
I mentioned that earlier, but yeah it should be there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2009, 04:24 AM   #236
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozeob

It seems that when EA tweak the game speed, ie; slow players down - it looks as though the animation has slowed down also, which when comparing it to real life, the leg speed movement actually looks far too slow for the amount of ground a player is covering. When you look closely at the real footage, the backs tend to take small quick steps through the pocket and then stride out once room has opened up. Maybe this can be something EA should look at for future installments.

And further more, possibly incorporating size/position specific leg movement, ie; small RB's have smaller strides, Tall WR's tend to really stretch their strides etc.

agreed 100%
Old 04-28-2009, 04:27 AM   #237
Rookie

OVR: 1

Damn just made a thread about this exact same point
Old 04-28-2009, 04:52 AM   #238
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Monday blog is up - letting loose the Wildcat

id hate to say it but what ive seen in the videos of madden 10 so far is the same ol same ol madden 09 gameplay
not looking like im picking it up this year
Old 04-28-2009, 05:18 AM   #239
Rookie

ghostlight85's Arena

OVR: 10

I am totally ready to get my wildcat on. Pat White and Ronnie Brown will further popularize the wildcat this year. I just hope the dolphins don't abandon the traditional offense.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:39 AM   #240
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
He's trying to re-touch every run cycle this week. He showed me the 'fat guy' run this morning and asked for some general feedback and direction. I'm hoping that once he's done with this first pass we'll do side-by-side videos and release them to you guys for more feedback.
Forgive my noobiness in animating but what exactly is a run "cycle"?

Something like a bicycle?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »