Home

Madden NFL 10 Blog: A Deeper Look Into Pass Blocking

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Blog: A Deeper Look Into Pass Blocking within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2009, 07:51 PM   #113
MVP

OVR: 30
Pantherbeast - I gotcha. Don't think your a bad guy for that post, at all. Just wasn't sure if u were aware of Ian's info rationing, and, actually, I believe the whole cat will be let out of the bag at E3, for the most part. Can't wait for E3, as well the game's actual release.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:51 PM   #114
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Madden NFL 10 Blog: A Deeper Look Into Pass Blocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
Americas Team1 - NICE! That is hot and that would definitely be great to put in the game as a strip attempt. Wooo. I had to stop typing this and watch it again.

ROCKY - Nah, not being a downer. U had a legit comment and I have, too, felt the same. Hopefully, Ian and co. will rid us of that unrealistic movement.
Thanks. I did forget the mention that I think the Pro-Tak technology in regards to OL/DL looks magnificent.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 05-11-2009, 07:52 PM   #115
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by djKianoosh
I'd like to know if they've worked on adding TE and HB's chip blocking to help out their tackles against the elite pass rushers. as the Eagles, I don't want to be sacked 10 times every time I play the Giants just cause they're the Giants. I want to be able to scheme against them and protect my QB.

yea but in real life when we have osi back ur goin to be sacked 10+.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2009, 08:04 PM   #116
Rookie

ghostlight85's Arena

OVR: 10

Very nice. I'm liking what I see of pro-tak for OL/DL. Now if we can get some double teams and if you could just do us a favor and show us Haynesworth collapsing the pocket from the inside or spoiling a running play by clogging the lanes because of the lack of a double team... I think blocking would be solved from a tools standpoint, and then it's just a matter of tuning and logic.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:08 PM   #117
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
I really don't want to be a debbie downer here. It's just frustrating when my biggest pet peeves don't get addressed year after year.

WHY

Why

WHY

WHY?!!?!!?

Why does the QB have to move like that in the pocket? (in reference to the 3rd clip the Joe Flacco clip)

Not only is that physically impossible......but it looks absolutely atrocious.

i agree 150% that looked awful they need to open up the hips and shoulders when they scramble

on the bright side it gave me a chuckle watching him do those fast baby steps

Last edited by dark_warhawk; 05-11-2009 at 08:27 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:09 PM   #118
Rookie

OVR: 6

damn people are going to go ballistic on Ian if there arent nay double teams when he shows the run blocking, he better choose carefully lol
Old 05-11-2009, 08:20 PM   #119
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Ian one thing I see looking alot better though from these vids is the timing of the DT's engagement with interior Olinemen. Previously the line would be standing up waiting for them, but from what I see here, the DT's engage the Olinemen pretty damn quick and that's a good thing.
That's definitely something I've personally been working on tuning based on you guys' feedback from community day. We still have to get the pocket forming faster and get the initial moves more natural...but it's definitely coming along.

Old 05-11-2009, 08:24 PM   #120
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
I really don't want to be a debbie downer here. It's just frustrating when my biggest pet peeves don't get addressed year after year.

WHY

Why

WHY

WHY?!!?!!?

Why does the QB have to move like that in the pocket? (in reference to the 3rd clip the Joe Flacco clip)

Not only is that physically impossible......but it looks absolutely atrocious.
I just looked at Flacco again and I agree. That looked AWFUL

To the point that its funny. There is no way its going to be left like that in the final game I think.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »