Home

Madden 10: Did EA Press Reset? (Joystiq)

This is a discussion on Madden 10: Did EA Press Reset? (Joystiq) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2009, 12:58 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: Madden 10: Did EA Press Reset? (Joystiq)

maybe these guys at joystick worked for the 2k series, and this is how their getting back at EA.

sounds like the first article was written on false pretenses and the second article was a feeble attempt to supply some ammunition to its previous findings.

we are all true die hard football gamers here........i'm not so sure Joystick is on that mental level when it comes to football gaming.

to put it in perspective, its like a veterinarian critiquing the latest advances in cardiothoracic surgey in humans.

they both know medicine , but one of them knows what is truly best
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2009, 01:03 PM   #66
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by celg35
maybe these guys at joystick worked for the 2k series, and this is how their getting back at EA.

sounds like the first article was written on false pretenses and the second article was a feeble attempt to supply some ammunition to its previous findings.

we are all true die hard football gamers here........i'm not so sure Joystick is on that mental level when it comes to football gaming.

to put it in perspective, its like a veterinarian critiquing the latest advances in cardiothoracic surgey in humans.

they both know medicine , but one of them knows what is truly best
Now I doubt these guys are 2k fanboys lol...

If they don't want to talk about madden and hate the usual yearly talk about it and it's basically the only sports game they talk about, then I wouldn't see why they would have any more interest in games made by 2k.

It's obvious that they are not that interested in sports games...
Old 05-29-2009, 01:17 PM   #67
Banned

OVR: 21

I don't have any problems with the Joystiq articles. Madden and NCAA have been on auto-pilot for years. It's about time a major media outlet called them out on it. God knows the Pasta Padre's and the IGN's of the world are never going to do it, not when it could mean they wouldn't get invited to the next all expense paid EA community event.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:41 PM   #68
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes
I don't have any problems with the Joystiq articles. Madden and NCAA have been on auto-pilot for years. It's about time a major media outlet called them out on it. God knows the Pasta Padre's and the IGN's of the world are never going to do it, not when it could mean they wouldn't get invited to the next all expense paid EA community event.
But what people have to realize is that a lot of the criticism that is in the article is from the wirter not being interested in the game.

Like for example, I have absolutely no interest in soap operas (lol kind of a stretch but work with me here). If I was given the duty of writing an article about soap operas, it would be negative from the gate and contain no good info about the characters and stuff that's going on in them since I'm not interested in them. I would probably find some generic/basic episode guides online to use for it and try to stretch that out the best way I can and call it a day.

The same can be said for this. The guy has no interest for madden and never really has, so he's obviously going to say why he has no interest for the game while tieing in basic descriptions about the features of the game.

Back to the soap opera example, if I worte an article on them and said something wrong in it, soap opera fans would just disregard my article becuase of it.

The previous joystiq article got things wrong about madden 10, so it's surprising to see so many take this article (and the previous one) 100% serious.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:43 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes
Bingo!
Old 05-29-2009, 01:45 PM   #70
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Madden 10: Did EA press reset? (Joystiq)

Quote:
Originally Posted by droopizzle34
isn't Madden 10 the first time Ian has been Lead Designer?
yes

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-29-2009, 01:46 PM   #71
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
But what people have to realize is that a lot of the criticism that is in the article is from the wirter not being interested in the game.

Like for example, I have absolutely no interest in soap operas (lol kind of a stretch but work with me here). If I was given the duty of writing an article about soap operas, it would be negative from the gate and contain no good info about the characters and stuff that's going on in them since I'm not interested in them. I would probably find some generic/basic episode guides online to use for it and try to stretch that out the best way I can and call it a day.

The same can be said for this. The guy has no interest for madden and never really has, so he's obviously going to say why he has no interest for the game while tieing in basic descriptions about the features of the game.

Back to the soap opera example, if I worte an article on them and said something wrong in it, soap opera fans would just disregard my article becuase of it.

The previous joystiq article got things wrong about madden 10, so it's surprising to see so many take this article (and the previous one) 100% serious.
i dont blame Joystiq article at all. i mean madden NEXT GEN was a disgrace to video games and NFL football. i mean regardless of the new dev team for madden, THE PAST COMES BACK TO HAUNT, and people like joystiq and myself is not going to forget what next gen madden has put us through.

im not convinced until i see the overall product coming august 14.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2009, 01:52 PM   #72
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHova1982
i dont blame Joystiq article at all. i mean madden NEXT GEN was a disgrace to video games and NFL football. i mean regardless of the new dev team for madden, THE PAST COMES BACK TO HAUNT, and people like joystiq and myself is not going to forget what next gen madden has put us through.
Yeah that's true.

What I'm saying though is that that type of stuff isn't really suited for a preview of madden 10. That stuff is more suited for a "overview of madden this gen" type of article IMO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »