Home

Madden 10: Did EA Press Reset? (Joystiq)

This is a discussion on Madden 10: Did EA Press Reset? (Joystiq) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2009, 02:04 PM   #73
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: Madden 10: Did EA Press Reset? (Joystiq)

Quote:
Originally Posted by droopizzle34

isn't Madden 10 the first time Ian has been Lead Designer?

yes

True...But someone posted a link over on the NCAA boards showing that Ian was the main man in charge of gameplay for NCAA 09, which isn't exactly comforting.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...sponse-ea.html
Old 05-29-2009, 02:20 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkAdrianPI
Why are so many OSers angry at Joystiq? Did they lie about anything? Did they not state the facts? Why should EA be mad? They weren't mad when they lost me as a fan. They were not mad when there game gets hate mail from fans. How do I know that, easy, they keep releasing the same product each year.

My take is Madden built up a loyal following by eliminating there competition through illegal means(Look it up people) and now they are technically the only game in town.Not because they were better. Like fans of sports teams, it's either support the team or support nothing. Isn't democracy wonderful.

It's common for people to defend something they love, but if you OSers stop and think, Madden has not improved there game since NFL2k series went down and even slightly before that. Come on QB vision? Playmaker?

So Joystiq criticized what everyone knows and the Madden fans just can't accept it. EA takes advantage of people who are addicts of the game. They know it and bank on it. I am very disappointed in OSers who seem to hate people for pointing out the many faults of EA and Madden. If no one criticizes how can Madden improve? I highly doubt EA care anyhow, just look at the past 5 Madden games, but heck Madden keeps selling like hotcakes what do people like me and Joystiq possibly know. "What the economy isn't improving, lets give the banks more money, that will solve everything(people who are knowledgeable will get that joke as it apply s' to EA/Madden)"

well said, EA should just not renew the contract with the NFL. they need competition the Madden games this gen have been crap. in from the looks of 10, the game will not be that much better then 09.

what they need to do is start working on a new engine for the PS4/Xbox 720 or get some guys who used to work on the 2k games to come in and help them fix there animations system.

one of the devs said that APF 2k8 had "cartoony" animations well they really need to "cartoony" up there animations because the outdated robotic system they have now will not cut it. its sad when they still struggle to out do a game that's 99 cents and a game that came out two years ago just sad. I think I'll save my 60 in just gamefly Madden 10 until they can improve this product.

I know I'm going to be called a ***** but I really don't give a s**t
Old 05-29-2009, 02:24 PM   #75
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMKAVELI NFL FOOTBALL

well said, EA should just not renew the contract with the NFL. they need competition the Madden games this gen have been crap. in from the looks of 10, the game will not be that much better then 09.

what they need to do is start working on a new engine for the PS4/Xbox 720 or get some guys who used to work on the 2k games to come in and help them fix there animations system.

one of the devs said that APF 2k8 had "cartoony" animations well they really need to "cartoony" up there animations because the outdated robotic system they have now will not cut it. its sad when they still struggle to out do a game that's 99 cents and a game that came out two years ago just sad. I think I'll save my 60 in just gamefly Madden 10 until they can improve this product.

So you are going to make a final judgement based on a edited two minute clip of a game that is still being worked on?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2009, 02:25 PM   #76
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:

OH harsh but I TOTALLY AGREE.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:32 PM   #77
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: Wow, Joystiq rights a "wrong"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by N@X_WiZaRD
This guy's major beef is that the EA dev crew isn't working on a team-play feature called Madden Online?

WTF?

This guy is ********. 99.9% of Madden fans are PRIMARILY interested in the presentation and gameplay upgrades - the very upgrades that he so non-chalantly trivialized as "non-intuitive" branches for development.

I would say more like 80-85%

Currently Playing: Mortal Kombat & Portal 2
Old 05-29-2009, 02:38 PM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
So you are going to make a final judgement based on a edited two minute clip of a game that is still being worked on?
yap, what u see in that clip will not change that much. My problem is the animations still look choppy in stiff the game just failed to impress me. but I'm not bugging, cause I'm going to just gamefly the game theirs no more reason for me to waist my $60 any longer on these games.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:39 PM   #79
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:

lol did you seriously say that APF was better than Madden? I bought both and didn't really enjoy Madden 08-09, but I really didn't like APF at all, I repeatedly tried to play it and hope that I would begin to like it because I loved 2K5 it was IMO the best football game ever made. Don't be a fanboy, yes 2k5 was incredible but APF was less than mediocre...

Currently Playing: Mortal Kombat & Portal 2
Old 05-29-2009, 02:41 PM   #80
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
yap, what u see in that clip will not change that much.
How do you know this when again, things were cut from it, the game is still being worked on and improved, and also since all the new features about the game still haven't been said?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »