Home

Madden 10: Did EA Press Reset? (Joystiq)

This is a discussion on Madden 10: Did EA Press Reset? (Joystiq) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2009, 02:50 PM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Madden 10: Did EA Press Reset? (Joystiq)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
How do you know this when again, things were cut from it, the game is still being worked on and improved, and also since all the new features about the game still haven't been said?
lol I find it funny when people try to speak for the developers. Ian has already said that two minute clip is highly indicative of the final product in another thread, so i really don't understand you trying to shoot down another mans opinion. Especially when a developer has confirmed his thoughts. Anyway I think the video looked good, it did still look a lot like 09, but i seen many things that have been improved, enough for me to purchase it when it is released.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2009, 02:51 PM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon_c993
lol did you seriously say that APF was better than Madden? I bought both and didn't really enjoy Madden 08-09, but I really didn't like APF at all, I repeatedly tried to play it and hope that I would begin to like it because I loved 2K5 it was IMO the best football game ever made. Don't be a fanboy, yes 2k5 was incredible but APF was less than mediocre...
no I did not say it was better (which it is if your not a madden d!(krider such as yourself) I was talking about the animations learn to read let simplify it since you seem to be slow.

APF animations kill maddens in ever why possible.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:52 PM   #83
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjizzle
lol I find it funny when people try to speak for the developers. Ian has already said that two minute clip is highly indicative of the final product in another thread, so i really don't understand you trying to shoot down another mans opinion.
Ian also stated that Pro-Tak wasn't available in that build and that the game already looks outdated to him due to the adjustments that have taken place since that video has been captured.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-29-2009, 02:54 PM   #84
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMKAVELI NFL FOOTBALL
no I did not say it was better (which it is if your not a madden d!(krider such as yourself) I was talking about the animations learn to read let simplify it since you seem to be slow.

Oh irony...why must you be so cruel.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-29-2009, 02:59 PM   #85
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
lol I find it funny when people try to speak for the developers. Ian has already said that two minute clip is highly indicative of the final product in another thread, so i really don't understand you trying to shoot down another mans opinion. Especially when a developer has confirmed his thoughts. Anyway I think the video looked good, it did still look a lot like 09, but i seen many things that have been improved, enough for me to purchase it when it is released.
Ian has also said that the game has been improved since the vid was made...

All I'm saying is that there's things that they are still improving on and things that haven't been said or shown about the game so why make statements like "this game is only slightly better than 09" when we don't know everything about the game yet?

I mean if you are disappointed in the vid then that's fine, but that's all I'm saying...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2009, 03:02 PM   #86
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMKAVELI NFL FOOTBALL
Well you just did say it, and as I said 2K5 was the best football game ever, but APF was not a good game, the gameplay was too "arcady" people say it was realistic and you had to read the coverages that is BS I could call the same 4-5 plays all game and it would work everytime(I did this to see how realistic it really was) I could also call a Hail Mary about 10 times in a row and connect for a long TD. I personally was never a big fan of the tap A or X to speed up, that just isn't fun to me. The only mode besides play now was the season, and that was crap. The online was good I liked its online system better than Madden, but still did not like the game...I traded it in for $.77 and that is about what it was worth to me...

P.S. insulting me doesn't make me feel stupid or anything like that, honestly it just shows the type of person you are...

Currently Playing: Mortal Kombat & Portal 2

Last edited by Brandon_c993; 05-29-2009 at 03:04 PM.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:07 PM   #87
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
excuses excuses, that's all hear every time the game looks sub par.

when the trailer came out in disappointed it was "that's not the trailer they wanted to show" now the new excuse is "the build was weeks ago with pro tek turned off"(which is a stupid thing to release giving people ammo to call out the game)quit frankly I'm sick of the excuses, you people want take my word for it I'll let the mediocrity of madden 10 speak for me and itself.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:07 PM   #88
Rookie

OVR: 4

I read the article and saw absolutely nothing wrong with it. When there was competition in the market, Madden was a good game and felt like it was heading toward something amazing. That was last gen when Madden 04 and 05 were out. However, once all the competition vanished due to an exclusive right, Madden has been horrible, starting with the next gen consoles, Madden 06-09.

I'm not saying Madden 10 will be horrible because I've seen some good things and some things that still look the same -- and should be fixed by now. All in all, the Madden series for the current gen consoles have disappointed BIG TIME.

Maybe MADDEN will get back to its roots when the next gen console come out, perhaps in 2012 or whenever they do. I think Madden needs a COMPLETE OVERHAUL for the next gen consoles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »