Home

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2009, 06:03 PM   #73
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfortablyLomb
Say now, have club distances been toned down at all? Or is every hole still a driver and a 9-iron?
Yes, quite a bit, mostly due to Community Day and TW10 blog feedback.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:59 PM   #74
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfortablyLomb
Say now, have club distances been toned down at all? Or is every hole still a driver and a 9-iron?
Here's the club distance chart for Tiger Woods 2010. Mike DeVault published this in his blog a few months ago. I've just shown the Driver, to give you an idea. The way I tune my driver and where my attributes hover (~9) in 09, I'd say my guy will be averaging about 310 off the tee. I may have to dial that back a bit if the swing has been tuned to be more sensitive to tracking errors, as hinted.

DRIVER

Power Attribute Level = 2
0% Club tuner power = 204yds
25% Club tuner power = 222yds
50% Club tuner power = 237yds
75% Club tuner power = 249yds
100% Club tuner power = 260yds

Power Attribute Level = 5
0% Club tuner power = 230yd
25% Club tuner power = 249yds
50% Club tuner power = 264yds
75% Club tuner power = 275yds
100% Club tuner power = 285yds

Power Attribute Level = 10
0% Club tuner power = 268yds
25% Club tuner power = 288yds
50% Club tuner power = 304yds
75% Club tuner power = 317yds
100% Club tuner power = 328yds

Power Attribute Level = 12
0% Club tuner power = 284yds
25% Club tuner power = 303yds
50% Club tuner power = 320yds
75% Club tuner power = 334yds
100% Club tuner power = 345yds
Old 06-03-2009, 11:07 PM   #75
MVP

Mike stated that distances are tuned back even more than those due to blog and community feedback....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2009, 08:16 AM   #76
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
Mike stated that distances are tuned back even more than those due to blog and community feedback....
It will be interesting to see how the personality "crisis" ends up shaping TW10. They are listening to feedback but still have achievements like "Hit a 400 yard drive," and "Get a Hole In One on a Par 4 or a Par 5." Like you have said, a lot of these changes are due to feedback that came kind of after the fact. I hope they can build around the two sides and don't get stuck somewhere in the middle. I think it really is going to come down to needing something like a "Tour Pro+" setting that goes strong sim and and an online set-up that supports two different communities. It will be interesting to see how it shapes up between TW10 and TWOnline.
Old 06-04-2009, 03:10 PM   #77
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Are the online tournaments gonna be on Tour Pro this year?
Old 06-04-2009, 04:55 PM   #78
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Are the online tournaments gonna be on Tour Pro this year?
There will be a Tour Pro mode Daily online tournament *everyday* this year Not only that, there will be a Tour Pro mode weekly tournament (72 holes) every week. There will also be Beginner, Amateur, and Pro difficulty tournaments for each of the above. Oh, the scoring will be real time as well. If you're playing your round at the same time as one of your buds, you'll get an update on their score after each hole, as they play their round!
Old 06-04-2009, 05:19 PM   #79
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
There will be a Tour Pro mode Daily online tournament *everyday* this year Not only that, there will be a Tour Pro mode weekly tournament (72 holes) every week. There will also be Beginner, Amateur, and Pro difficulty tournaments for each of the above. Oh, the scoring will be real time as well. If you're playing your round at the same time as one of your buds, you'll get an update on their score after each hole, as they play their round!
That's really good to hear. It was pointless even playing in them last year because of the lame difficulty. Golf is supposed to be a challenging game, it amazes me how many people prefer to dumb it down.

Tiger has a ways to go to make me a believer in the series, but I enjoyed 09 for the most part, even with it's faults. I mostly play online against one of my friends, so it's cool that we can actually participate in the same tournaments this year on Tour Pro. I really hope this game is alright.
Old 06-04-2009, 05:31 PM   #80
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalf
It will be interesting to see how the personality "crisis" ends up shaping TW10. They are listening to feedback but still have achievements like "Hit a 400 yard drive," and "Get a Hole In One on a Par 4 or a Par 5."
That is purely the arcade Default mode garbage. I doubt you could do any of those in TOUR Pro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalf
Like you have said, a lot of these changes are due to feedback that came kind of after the fact. I hope they can build around the two sides and don't get stuck somewhere in the middle. I think it really is going to come down to needing something like a "Tour Pro+" setting that goes strong sim and and an online set-up that supports two different communities. It will be interesting to see how it shapes up between TW10 and TWOnline.
The problem is the console guys came from Outlaw Golf which is why TW has not been as serious on the simulation side of things as it was in the late 90's early 2000's. I am diligently trying to get them to see things from the Golf purists/simulation side of things. They are coming around slowly but surely....

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »