Home

Madden NFL 10 Video: Eagles @ Cowboys - Part 6 (Chase @ E3)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Video: Eagles @ Cowboys - Part 6 (Chase @ E3) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2009, 12:03 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 30
Sage and New_Orleans - I agree with the both of you about NCAA. I thought I would throw my hat back in the ring this year since NCAA 2005 was my last college football purchase but the more I see of Madden 10 then check for the NCAA 10 vids, there is NO comparison. NCAA is not even close to what I am seeing in Madden. It would be truly a waste of money for me but, yet, I still wanna be wasteful. Ha. I'll check out the NCAA demo then see if I want to at least rent it for a week.
Old 06-06-2009, 12:04 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 10 Video: Eagles @ Cowboys - Part 6 (Chase @ E3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjizzle
This one like all the videos look really good, but I can't believe they are still allowing quarterbacks to do things like truck linebackers. I'm not one to complain much, but that really bothered me about 09, which I loved. Its just so unrealistic to see Tony Romo bounce off a tackle like that from a lb when he would probably get crushed in real life. I have no problem with qb's breaking tackles, because obviously it hapens in real life, however the animation in that video should not apply to qb's, just terrible.
I didnt mind it, Romo was looking right at the lb, and its hard to hit stick somebody while their looking right at you. and they were not going head up he hit Romo on the side and he bounced off. this is Romo were talking about not Brady.

and im glad to see they are making people pay for using the hit stick all the time.
Old 06-06-2009, 12:04 PM   #19
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Stewart Bradley leaped off his feet at him from a good ways away, I could see Romo possibly breaking that tackle in real life.

This is the best looking Madden video ive seen so far, that Barber run was really nice, only thing I didn't like was how he bounced off the guy in the backfield without any animation of putting a hand on him or anything.

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru
Old 06-06-2009, 12:17 PM   #20
All Star

OVR: 21

First, thx for all the videos. I'm still in the same boat I was; the robotic movement is very distracting. The running anims just look like ball carriers are... lumbering along, with the same consistent lumbering strides. No variation like they're always running at full jogging speed or something. The presentation elements during the game look to be a big step up; don't get necessarily a broadcast feel but it's a noticeable improvement.

Another big concern is, what is there to fear from the defensive side? It seems like previous next gen Maddens where the defense is there as a prop. Outside of the play being called, what is there to strategize against? I don't much of a sense of individuality from the players on the field. Just seems like "line up/call play/run it/call the next play". I know I'm in the minority because I'm coming from a different perspective. It's a definite improvement, but still some key stuff looks... off.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 06-06-2009, 12:22 PM   #21
N.W.O. - NO WR OPEN

Checmate101's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by kt-od
This game is looking great. I noticed that broken tackle too by Romo. There is no way on a Sunday afternoon that Romo breaks that tackle. He looked like "The Bus" on that play.

Eagles LB's are weak..that's all
Uconn Huskies
Miami Hurricanes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2009, 12:27 PM   #22
Rookie

lon515's Arena

OVR: 6
i Feel as this is the best madden ever and nfl 2k5 has a run for it's money
presentation done gameplay done camera done i know the announcers will have a lot more feeling but i just want to here them but these videos 10/10
Old 06-06-2009, 12:43 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 10

Thanks for the videos. The game's looking pretty sharp. I liked the way the linemen are coming off their initial blocks to take on the defenders at the 2nd level. Animations are looking strong.

Now, that said, and I'm sure I'll catch hell for it, but I feel a little silly getting excited about things like proper run and pass blocking and cut-scenes to the crowd, to the QB on the phone on sideline, etc. when they were in 2K5.

Kudos to EA for finally getting to these things, and putting together a game that's looking pretty sharp.

Now, about those future draft picks...
Old 06-06-2009, 01:05 PM   #24
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

I liked how Barber was brought down on that run that almost sprung him. He immediately got up and displayed frustration knowing how close he was to a big play--nice touch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »