Home

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2009, 10:47 AM   #89
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here

I was wondering what the happened to that thread. Pretty lame that they took it down.
Old 06-07-2009, 01:36 PM   #90
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
I was wondering what the happened to that thread. Pretty lame that they took it down.
I would think that simply locking it would have been sufficient, but if an editor sees a threat to potential page views on a feature review, they'll do what they deem necessary.
Old 06-07-2009, 03:58 PM   #91
Pro

rolltide1017's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
I don't know what the PS3 has in the way of a party chat function though...
The PS3 has no party chat function. The PS3 has no cross game chat function and you must exit a chat to launch a game. This is one, of many, reason why the PSN still lags behind XBL (and why I miss my 360 at times).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2009, 07:14 PM   #92
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017
The PS3 has no party chat function. The PS3 has no cross game chat function and you must exit a chat to launch a game. This is one, of many, reason why the PSN still lags behind XBL (and why I miss my 360 at times).
Thanks for clearing that up rolltide. I have not used the 360's party chat feature while in a game, but I'm told that it will work. I think the limit you can have is 10 or 12 in the chat. I'm not planning on doing much yacking while playing golf, but I think this event we've got planned will be seen more as a coming-out-party more than a serious competition.

I'm eventually going to get a PS3 because sooner or later, I'm going to be buying a Blu-ray player. Might as well get one that can play MLB: The Show 09, while I'm at it!
Old 06-07-2009, 08:59 PM   #93
Rookie

SuperD123's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017
If you'd have actually played the PS3 recently, you'd realise that we DO now have in-game chat since the 2.7 update....just not voice chat just yet anyway....
Old 06-08-2009, 11:27 AM   #94
Banned

slickzeus's Arena

OVR: 7

well after reading through the pages of this thread i decided to say something. Guys, its a video game. For those of you complaining how its going to be too easy and too arcade like, what video game isnt?? If you want the real thing then go grab your clubs and hit the real links! Thats about as real and as difficult as you can get. I enjoyed playing the demo and seeing as the last TW game I bought was 07 I will probably be picking this one up. I like the improvements that are made and that you can turn off the annoying ball trail. But if you want realism, pay 40 bucks to go play 18 with a cart....
Old 06-08-2009, 11:44 AM   #95
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickzeus
If you want the real thing then go grab your clubs and hit the real links! Thats about as real and as difficult as you can get
LOL... it's ironic that you said this here. Three weeks ago, I revised my sigline at EA Sports.com's Tiger Woods forum to read: "If you want a real golf sim, grab your clubs and head to the course!"... Arcade apologists, simply remind me to read my sig when you want to use this defense.

The reason I hold its feet to the fire over its lack of realism is the fact that it falls well short of Links 2004 in this department, in Tour Pro mode. I realize that it boots up in the no holds barred, arcade mode of play, and that's fine. The majority of its user base obviously enjoys playing the game that way. However, when you offers something called Tour Pro mode, in a PGA Tour licensed game, and have a game that still pales in comparison to Links 2004 in realism, the game if not what it could be.

I'll give them credit, it appears they've fixed half of what was wrong with this game with Precision Putting (a fully proportional putting interface). This should be a much more gratifying game from a realism standpoint as a result. If they give the non-putting interface the same degree of attention next year, I think we'll have the game that Tiger Woods PGA Tour truly should be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2009, 03:20 AM   #96
All Star

OVR: 13

Can we just all agree to stop using the "if you want reality, go lace 'em up and play (insert sport) outside?" line of argument once and for all? I have neither the time, nor the inclination, to go into how this argument is a complete non sequitor, but suffice to say everyone wants a different experience out of their games and if some of us want more realism in a game, I don't think that it's that ridiculous.

Of course if we wanted to play real golf we would go do that if we could. Unfortunately, most of us work, and most of us don't have 4-5 hrs to actually go play as frequently as we would all like to. Also, most of us do not have access to Pebble Beach, Pinehurst, Bethpage (unless you wanna sleep in your car for a night!), or St. Andrews. And most courses aren't open at night, when most of us finally have time to partake in leisure activities....I could go on, but I won't belabor the point.

Wanting hyper-realistic sim golf is no less ridiculous than wanting realistic football games or basketball games. If NBA Jam and NFL Blitz were the only games available to represent their sports, I don't know how happy most of us would be with those options. Well, golf is no different. I just wish there were another option out there for those of us that want a reasonable simulation of the sport of golf.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »