Home

Madden NFL 10 Franchise Mode Improvements: Part 2 Q&A

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Franchise Mode Improvements: Part 2 Q&A within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-17-2009, 02:54 PM   #241
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 10 Franchise Mode Improvements: Part 2 Q&A

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
I thought many folks realized that Madden '09 would not be the gold standard? Maybe I'm speaking for myself here, but the community interaction had me looking past Madden 09 months before it came out. Whenever Ian & Phil commented on the critical things (OL/DL, WR/CB, Pocket) this time last year, they often said, "We have some cool plans for this next year," or something liked that. I could kind of tell that Madden 09 wasn't exactly their baby.
They're still doing that. "Wait until next year for big franchise changes."

"Wait until next year for progressive lighting."

"Wait until next year for a true online franchise."

I'm starting to feel like EA's the Detroit Lions and we're their fans. But nonetheless, I'm hopeful for Madden 10.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2009, 02:58 PM   #242
Banned

OVR: 12

While I agree with you on the fact that wait till next year gets very very old.

Especially, for big changes to Franchise Mode.

But I personally think Jay Cutler would kick your *** and you would cry like a little girl who fell in the mud with her new best dress on........
Old 06-17-2009, 03:11 PM   #243
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
With respect to your statement, I don't think what he said can be said now, let alone 8/14. My take on things is this: with Madden 10 looming, we'll be able to separate the guys who are hoping the game continues to improve and the ones who just belittle the game for the sake of doing so. To call Madden 10 simply a roster update is extremely one-sided and clearly there's a vendetta there.
It was a joke, not to be taken 100% literally.
Old 06-17-2009, 03:13 PM   #244
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Jay Cutler IS a whiner. Good riddance. And B.Marsh can take a hike too, if he's going to throw a fit (even though he's one incident away from being the next Pacman Jones).

I felt the same way about Madden 09, last year. That said, Madden 10 is in a unique situation, all things considered. Ian deserves the benefit of the doubt. Now if next year is the same story, then we have issues.
Old 06-17-2009, 03:26 PM   #245
Banned

OVR: 12

This Cutler banter with us Bears' fan is going to continue until he makes the HoF. But it is all in good fun. I hope Orton does a good job was as a good guy, just not always the best QB.

That aside, I think EA (on paper) did a lot with game play and presentation this year. If it all pans out well I think it will be for the greater good.

What annoys me is we were told they were going to be much improved last year and that didn't pan out. I was also told Franchise Mode would be greatly improved this year and it was just "tuned." Franchise hasn't had any drastic changes since current gen started.

Last year we were told progression was "fixed" and it sucked. We are being told that again this just and I was hopeful with Josh on board until I found out it is just once a year.

I don't think it is that people think what they did this year sucked or was just a "roster update" by most people's account.

But with the last few years people deserve the right to be skeptical. I was really optimistic until this last Franchise Blog. There are few things that were not addressed and some there were that I don't like (mainly the one per year progression).

By the way, I have bought every Madden ever sold except for a few on the PC and 09 on the PS2. So, it isn't like I am not a fan. But the last 3 years have really killed it for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2009, 03:30 PM   #246
Banned

Madden 10 looks to be really looking up. It's a whole new team and it was obvious, as someone else said, that 09' was something they didn't want to even talk about anymore. Madden 10 is looking to be a great step in the right direction.
Old 06-17-2009, 03:36 PM   #247
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by stux
What annoys me is we were told they were going to be much improved last year and that didn't pan out. I was also told Franchise Mode would be greatly improved this year and it was just "tuned." Franchise hasn't had any drastic changes since current gen started.
I think, to be fair, that statement was made before Ian was put in charge. So, IMO, a lot that was said last year goes out the window. No different than a coaching change. New head coach, new playbook, etc.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:02 PM   #248
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: NEW FRANCHISE BLOG

This is my favorite part of the game and the one that has upset me the most the past 5 to 7 years.

I really do hope it has turned the corner, it seems like it from what he said in both articles. I really liked HC offseason logic and in season. Glad the brought him over.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »