Home

Fight Night Round 4 Review

This is a discussion on Fight Night Round 4 Review within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2009, 09:12 PM   #49
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Fight Night Round 4 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holt82
No and I'm in the heavyweight division where I box.

You're bringing up rare times to try and justify jabs are suppose to be punches with KO power, they are not. That's why I said in my previous post that jabs are not meant to knock out anyone. Only a rare type of boxer would have the power to knock someone out with a jab punch.

But when we are not talking about those rare times, that jab is to be quick, straight and precise, that's it and nothing more to it.

They don't need to amp up the jab or the cross, they are fine as they are.

And I'll walk into 20 straight jabs in succession why because I know how to block while I get on the inside and they get their crap beat in with an uppercut straight to the jaw like they just got kicked there.

Now I don't know if you're talking about 20 jabs in real life or what but anyone imo who throws 20 jabs in rapid succession is an idiot.
Duh. But in the game, it's perfectly viable if people are going to walk into it.

I never said a jab was supposed to have KO power, I simply stated some guys can throw a jab with some oomph. And saying otherwise is really, really not a good answer, because there are guys in the pro ranks that can throw a jab that hurts.

No punch is fine as is in this game. You can literally flurry twenty shots into an opponent and he won't be stunned. And that could be one big chain combo of uppercuts, crosses, and hooks.

I've had 12 punch flurries that the opposing fighter just laughed off. How many times do you see a boxer get hit with 5, LET ALONE 12, consecutive punches and remain standing as if nothing is wrong?

I can already give you the answer to that.

Lennox Lewis and George Foreman had crosses with actual viable power that could daze an opponent if used at the right time.

EVERY punch needs to be treated as is... a punch. Jab is snappy and weak as an overall punch because that's it's most effective use. That doesn't mean that there aren't fighters out there that can throw a jab hard or a cross hard. That also doesn't mean that having it do 1/2000th of the health bar is viable, either.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:15 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo_Magic
Duh. But in the game, it's perfectly viable if people are going to walk into it.

I never said a jab was supposed to have KO power, I simply stated some guys can throw a jab with some oomph. And saying otherwise is really, really not a good answer, because there are guys in the pro ranks that can throw a jab that hurts.

No punch is fine as is in this game. You can literally flurry twenty shots into an opponent and he won't be stunned. And that could be one big chain combo of uppercuts, crosses, and hooks.

I've had 12 punch flurries that the opposing fighter just laughed off. How many times do you see a boxer get hit with 5, LET ALONE 12, consecutive punches and remain standing as if nothing is wrong?

I can already give you the answer to that.

Lennox Lewis and George Foreman had crosses with actual viable power that could daze an opponent if used at the right time.

EVERY punch needs to be treated as is... a punch. Jab is snappy and weak as an overall punch because that's it's most effective use. That doesn't mean that there aren't fighters out there that can throw a jab hard or a cross hard. That also doesn't mean that having it do 1/2000th of the health bar is viable, either.
Ok but I was simply talking about the jab and how it's not an KO punch, nothing more than that.

I also don't know where some of the things being said in this game are happening. Maybe I have the luck of the draw.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:18 PM   #51
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holt82
Ok but I was simply talking about the jab and how it's not an KO punch, nothing more than that.

I also don't know where some of the things being said in this game are happening. Maybe I have the luck of the draw.
And I completely agree with you. That shot that Morrison hit that dude with in that vid I posted is truly one in a trillion.

Jabs shouldn't have KO power. I never said they should. But the overall damage for all punches should go up a by a fair amount. bit.

I encourage you to take this game, turn it to default Champion with another controller and see how many uppercuts it takes in a row to knock an opponent down... or how many shots from a combo.

It's ridiculous.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2009, 09:32 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo_Magic
And I completely agree with you. That shot that Morrison hit that dude with in that vid I posted is truly one in a trillion.

Jabs shouldn't have KO power. I never said they should. But the overall damage for all punches should go up a by a fair amount. bit.

I encourage you to take this game, turn it to default Champion with another controller and see how many uppercuts it takes in a row to knock an opponent down... or how many shots from a combo.

It's ridiculous.
The uppercut thing I know what you're talking about and combo. Maybe the developers don't want the matches to end too quick? lol
Old 06-30-2009, 10:34 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 8
Nice job on the review! I have to agree with you...I have really been enjoying it. The training is tough but very valuable...I especially found the heavy bag combos great practice in getting TPC down well.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:07 AM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 2
In my opinion, the best next-gen graphics goes to Ace Combact 6....seriously, if you havent seen the gameplay graphics, go rent it. AMAZING
Old 07-01-2009, 11:35 AM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 7
Hey Holt, I totally respect your response and understand where you're coming from. I just prefer the buttons as opposed to TPC because they give me a better chance of throwing the correct punch as opposed to an analog stick. If they had both choices for gamers as opposed to forcing one, it would be even better. I don't think I'll purchase this title until EA puts the button configuration in. I could enjoy it better that way with the buttons.

The only problem is, I'm not the only person that believes this way. There are thousands of others that think this way. From a business standpoint, EA needs to make those changes so it could help its bottom line. Doing so can put this title over. Everything is in the game is great and not too far from perfect. Good graphics, sound, solid career mode. The only thing thats holding it back or me from buying are the controls.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2009, 03:31 PM   #56
MVP

OVR: 28
FN4 plays way better than the demo. Definitely a huge leap forward in visuals. My only issue is with the training sessions in legacy mode. Feels too much like your boxer is moving through mud....

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »