Home

Virtua Tennis 2009 Review

This is a discussion on Virtua Tennis 2009 Review within the All Other Sports forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2009, 11:34 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Virtua Tennis 2009 Review

I played Virtua Tennis for the first time nine years ago, and I ended up falling in love with it. I would play it in various arcade rooms, spending all the change I had to serve or keep getting served. My addiction only grew when the first console version was released on the Dreamcast. Now, almost a decade later, does Virtua Tennis 2009 still deliver an ace, or is the game marred by unforced errors?

The answer lies somewhere in the middle, but Federer, Nadal or Roddick level this game is not.

-Review Written by TD St. Matthew-Daniel

Read More - Virtua Tennis 2009 Review
Platform: Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2009, 12:27 PM   #2
Banned

thelwig14's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Virtua Tennis 2009 Review

I bought this but ended up taking it back. Craving tennis, I went back to Virtua Tennis 3. After it is all said and done, I think it is the best tennis game on the market. The diving doesn't happen as often and there is zero lag.
Old 07-03-2009, 01:03 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 30
I actually WANTED to take this game back. The devs of this game have really done nothing much worth anything to improve this game. I bought the PS3 version and have owned each iteration of VT, even still owning VT2 for my Dreamcast, and I have to say that I was insanely disappointed with this game. The character models don't even look as good as VT3, imo. I swear that they cut back on the textures AND this game is NOT 1080p because VT3 made my jaw drop with how crisp it looked on my 1080p TV. This one, not so much.
I think if 2K does a better job with the visuals and get rid of the skating in their next Top Spin iteration, I will have to get on board. I've only played the TS3 demo and really started to get into the gameplay but couldn't stand how it looked and how the players glided across the courts. I think I am done with the VT series. And, yes, this game is waaay too easy, on top of it all.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:15 PM   #4
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
No commentary? Again?

Thanks. You helped make up my mind. I think I'll wait for another Top Spin.

Maybe they'll get the TV thing right.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:41 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Yeah this game was a huge step back. VT3 is still the best game in the series by far.

Just goes to show that nothing can be taken for granted when handing an old series over to a new developer.

I still prefer Top Spin 3 as the best tennis game on the 360/PS3, but VT3 is a nice arcade game for those who just want something fun and accessible to play with their friends.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2009, 02:16 AM   #6
Banned

thelwig14's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Virtua Tennis 2009 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
Yeah this game was a huge step back. VT3 is still the best game in the series by far.

Just goes to show that nothing can be taken for granted when handing an old series over to a new developer.

I still prefer Top Spin 3 as the best tennis game on the 360/PS3, but VT3 is a nice arcade game for those who just want something fun and accessible to play with their friends.
I was a big proponent of TS3 at the beginning, but no Nadal (360) and the net play (just think it sucks) kill it for me. And the presentation is non existent.
Old 07-04-2009, 03:02 AM   #7
Mercy Extended. John 3:16

texbuk84's Arena

OVR: 34
thanks for the input. won't purchase this one. looking for a good tennis game to get. could someone pm me with details on a good tennis game.
Old 07-04-2009, 12:25 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 11
I went and bought this game twice for my xbox the first time it was ok but grand slam was better then i took it back. I went back and bought it again and it really sucked more. Same lame game so I returned it for Punch Out in Wii and the gloves vt 2009 garbage tennis game of the year my main thing Lack of characters You gotta have serena she won wimbeldon wtf?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »