Home

Madden NFL 10 Video: Online Franchise Superbowl - Cowboys vs. Titans

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Video: Online Franchise Superbowl - Cowboys vs. Titans within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2009, 11:30 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 10 Video: Online Franchise Superbowl - Cowboys vs. Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
Very disappointed that Romo was able to scramble way out to the right and throw a near perfect pass while in the air. I was really hoping this crap would be gone this year. Just the fact that those types of plays can still be done means online play is going to be a pain in the *** again. Try that in APF2k8 and watch how the ball just flutters to the ground, as it should.

I've seen QB's in the NFL scramble and complete passes but not until the were at least somewhat set. The very first offensive play by the Cowboys in that video Romo is off the ground when he makes that completion. It's not even the fact that it was a completion that bugs me, it that the ball was not a duck, no fluttering, wobbling, nothing, perfect pass. Hogwash!!!!
I went back to watch what you are referring to and you are blowing that pass way out of proportion. Romo makes that pass with ease every Sunday. Nice try though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2009, 11:30 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 30
JMD - Dude, have you EVER watched Tony Romo??? He's is the illegitimate son of Brett Favre and you KNOW how many crazy passes that Favre has completed so that is not unusual to see Romo do. Now, the problem could be if this is happening at a high clip in the ACTUAL RETAIL GAME. THEN u may have an issue. Like many before u, u can't jump to such conclusions based on one clip from old builds of the game, feel me?
Old 07-10-2009, 11:32 PM   #43
MVP

OVR: 30
And why the hell doesn't my quote feature work, still?????
Old 07-10-2009, 11:33 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
Very disappointed that Romo was able to scramble way out to the right and throw a near perfect pass while in the air. I was really hoping this crap would be gone this year. Just the fact that those types of plays can still be done means online play is going to be a pain in the *** again. Try that in APF2k8 and watch how the ball just flutters to the ground, as it should.

I've seen QB's in the NFL scramble and complete passes but not until the were at least somewhat set. The very first offensive play by the Cowboys in that video Romo is off the ground when he makes that completion. It's not even the fact that it was a completion that bugs me, it that the ball was not a duck, no fluttering, wobbling, nothing, perfect pass. Hogwash!!!!
Your not gonna be able to do that with all the QBs. Im pretty sure there is a new rating, correct me if im wrong, which is throwing on the run. So QBs like Big Ben and Romo who are very good at throwing on the run in real life, will be able to do the same in Madden.

If that was Kurt Warner instead of Romo, im sure that pass wouldnt be as good.(I hope, lol) But we will only find out when it releases because this or the demo we get will not be the final build.

Last edited by tonedeaf; 07-10-2009 at 11:44 PM.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:36 PM   #45
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

I'm sure the Superbowl presentation will be a lot longer than that because I think I remember seeing more in the Online franchise video, if of course that is what I saw in the online franchise video.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2009, 11:45 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Madden Superbowl video!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
The Cowboys winning the Superbowl??? Definitely NOT SIM!!! I'm canceling my preorder tomorrow.
It would have been more "non-sim" if the Eagles had won it though
Old 07-10-2009, 11:51 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedeaf
Your not gonna be able to do that with all the QBs. Im pretty sure there is a new rating, correct me if im wrong, which is throwing on the run. So QBs like Big Ben and Romo who are very good at throwing on the run in real life, will be able to do the same in Madden.

If that was Kurt Warner instead of Romo, im sure that pass wouldnt be as good.(I hope, lol) But we will only find out when it releases because this or the demo we get will not be the final build.
Yep - I've tried throwing while rolling out with Kerry Collins and it's the saddest thing ever - either a guaranteed pick or right in the dirt (he's rated 35 in throw on the run FWIW). Romo and Big Ben take a much smaller hit to accuracy.

On a side note, I think I've learned a secret to releasing videos to the community for the future - never have the offense succeed. There's such an innate skepticism with so many people when any play is completed successfully (yes, I know, before you post it, I know that Madden has earned your skepticism...not saying anything's wrong with it), that I think if every video was just full of penalties, overthrows, and sacks, those would probably be better received than anything else we could do.

Old 07-10-2009, 11:51 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 6

Guys slow your roll..Ian said that was a early build alot of your gripes will not be in the final version....ie(ncaa10)....Just chill

peace

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »