Home

NCAA Football 10 Review

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Review within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2009, 07:39 PM   #145
Rookie

OVR: 1
Chris I enjoyed the review. I been playing NCAA for a couple years now and the same as madden. I lost interest in Madden about two years ago. I felt that EA went in the wrong direction a little bit. I know many people will disagree with me and that is fine. Its honestly bull**** that we as gamers spend $60 a year on this game to find it not up to standards. As a gamer and a lover of football and basketball... When can we honestly see a real improved sports game from EA. They are the largest gaming provider for sports, so why is this so hard to do every year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2009, 07:45 PM   #146
Banned

OVR: 11
Right on.

The funniest thing to me is people on here saying, it's a great game, but they need to do this nest year.

NEXT YEAR? The game was out for hours and people are saying what they want to see next freakin year.

EA is a sad pathetic company. I used to be the biggest EA fanboy and even when their products started sucking, I kept telling myself it's not that bad.

Well, I am done. I used to be a first day purchaser of college football and Madden from EA, but the thing is, now I wait to see whats wrong with the game and thats sad.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:02 PM   #147
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NCAA Football 10 Review

Nice review, thanks.

Will let this one pass buy, maybe 2011 will be better, but im not getting my hopes up.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:33 PM   #148
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondoman
Who cares what the standard is?

That is the dumbest comment I have heard in awhile.

MLB 2k9 sucks. So, if 2k10 is marginally better it deserves at least an 8 cuz the last version sucked so bad?

That's the dumbest reasoning ever heard.

What happened to scoring games based on realism? That it is supposed to be a representation of actual college football?

To say it deserves an 8 because it improved on 09 is garbage.
Thats MMChris's logic though. He stated that he took last years score into consideration. And because I believe that OS inflated scores in the past, he had to give it a good score because its marginally better than 2009. Had they rated 2008 4.5 and 2009 a 5 like it deserved, they would have had the ability to rate this a 6 or 6.5 where it belongs.

So unless this series gets worse and lord we all hope it doesn't, it will have at minimum an 8 going forward based on the stated criteria.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:41 PM   #149
Pro

OVR: 50
Great review. At least dynasty mode is good
Old 07-15-2009, 08:46 PM   #150
Rookie

OVR: 1

The NCAA series won't be improved to next gen standards if you keep buying the game every year.

Profit is the only thing EA cares about.

Send a message like me. I will not buy this game. I am glad I did this based on the reviews/info on this fourm.

I hope more people follow this scenario next year.
Old 07-16-2009, 08:12 AM   #151
Rookie

OVR: 2
DEFINATELY NEED TO KILL THIS EXCLUSIVE LICENSE
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2009, 10:37 PM   #152
Rookie

OVR: 3
whoever thimks this game is a 9 or 9.5 is not thinking clearly. if they brought presentation into the game it would be a 6 or 6.5 at best not 9.5. i got this game so i could transfer my superstar into madden and since i get 40 dollars off madden when i trade this game in i thought it was a good deal to have ncaa 10 for a month for 20 bucks. barely playing it i see the 4 improvements theyve made but there is so much wrong with the game its not worth it even if you love college football.

offensive line is so poor and the ai is so bad it ruins the game. for some reason the c blocks the de a lot while the lg and lt blocks no one when they should help stop the RE who is in the backfield everytime. they attempted at a pocket except evertime i step into it my ol stop blocking. so now i cant scramble bec my line wont block there assignments and i cant throw to medium size route WR bec i dont have time. the only pass i complete is the slant but if they press him my reciever will change his route. the only way i get my pass off is when the qb breaks the first tackle which i cant even control.why is there no qb avoidance stick like there used to be. with the new wr db jostle reciecers are never open and suck at running there route. my incomplete passes are only drops either by wr or db. why is there never an overthrow or underthrow based on how much pressure they put on you, only drops. they made it so the ai is smarter on the option which now means you wont get the big play a lot more which is good but since your lineman are stupid and wont seal there guys in the option will never work. running isnt even fun bec the ol wont block according to the the play. they dont even attempt to make a hole, seal, double, and you dont have any conrol on what you want them to do except tell them to be aggressive. all that does is get holding calls and sometimes they wont even engage with the defender so how could they hold the block longer if they dont even attempt to block him. the play choices are the same thing once again and there is no variety in the playbooks and i know in real college football each team isnt the same. also each team plays exactly the same and doesnt play to there styles or go to there impact players

so thats just offense and defense has just as many problems that i dont have time to get into. its way better this year but unless they change the ai or the playbooks it will always be the same. road to glory is cool with kirk herbstriet and erin andrews but the menus are disorganized and my coaches suck. they call a screen every other play and pa when we are backed up to the one. i dont want to audible to pass everytime, but when you call runs on 3rd and 7, pa before you run, and when i do run my rb gets a loss everytime i have no choice. online suks bec evertime im about to win a game they pull the cord and the connection gets lost so i dont get a win. ive played 7 games and im 0-1. i should be 6-1. seriously 6 people are going to cheat so they dot get a loss. just play the game and take a loss like a man, i took mine. online dynasty is cool but i wont even have time to do that or season showdown.

ea instead of focusing all your time on teambuilder which you already had and took out on next gens focus on gameplay. after you get gameplay engines thtat make the football real focus on a smart ai that plays based on there style and how you play. then put lots of coaching options(they did good job except not enough) that let you control all the aspects of the game. now that you have the gameplay focus on your motto "its in the game" and put all college atmosphere and college football presentations into the game to try to show the emotion and excitement of college football. after gameplay and presentation then you focus on extra gamemodes such as road to glory and online dynasty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »