Home

Madden NFL 10 Video: Franchise Hub & Extra Point Show (IGN)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Video: Franchise Hub & Extra Point Show (IGN) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-21-2009, 11:03 AM   #145
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 10 Video: Franchise Hub & Extra Point Show (IGN)

I think some people just don't get it. This show is about the possibilities. I'm pretty sure Ian's already said himself, this is a building block, not all it's gonna be forever. I've seen a couple "Do it right or don't do it at all" comments. So tell me, what exactly is "right"? Having some fake, canned highlights because 2K does? Cause that's about the only thing I see that could make it any better than it is. Sounds like more than just a half effort to me. They've set the foundation now, and it's already in great shape. I just can't get on board with "Do it right or don't do it at all", that's just flawed reasoning when it comes to this feature IMO.

One thing I'd say is when they show the halftime scores, maybe Alex actually go through some of the big ones, but other than that, I can't really argue with how this thing was implemented. I'm pretty impressed, cause it ain't easy to just flip the script on what has been done and create something brand new like that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2009, 11:06 AM   #146

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

What's so great about 2Kk's post game show compared to this one? The only thing I see done differently is 2k had highlights. However, they were fake highlights. This day and age, I probably wouldn't watch them knowing that they are fake, canned highlights that didn't really take place. I am glad Madden didn't go that route.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:23 AM   #147
Rookie

nosaints26's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
What's so great about 2Kk's post game show compared to this one? The only thing I see done differently is 2k had highlights. However, they were fake highlights. This day and age, I probably wouldn't watch them knowing that they are fake, canned highlights that didn't really take place. I am glad Madden didn't go that route.
Wow...This isn't real life here...they'd have to really alter the sim engine to record parts of actual CPU gameplay and relay them. They have to be canned. And yet 2K still maintained an organic feel. I also love how this is implemented in CH2K8 (although I think it's a lot more rough around the edges).

As stated before, the highlights were always relevant to what actually happened in a CPU sim. If there wasn't an interception or a punt return for a TD in the game you wouldn't see one in the highlight.

Last edited by nosaints26; 07-21-2009 at 11:28 AM.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:26 AM   #148
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
whats all this talk of 2k having fake highlights? when I played a game, the halftime highlights actually happened in my game, they werent canned. If i ran in circles for a minute then ran in a TD, thats what they showed.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:27 AM   #149
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by boooey
yea, i hear ya.. but as consumers, its not our problem what happens behind the scenes.

You are acting like Tiburon is a new developer just taking over the game for the first time.. This is not the case.
Most of the DEV team is the same as previous years, just with new leads, but who were also part of previous DEV teams.

Man i am so tired of everyone making up any excuse they can to defend EA.
This is just as annoying to me as what you say is complaining and bashing.

Like I said, its better than last year, but it still feels like a Half done effort, and I am just tired of that with Madden.

At least 2k nailed presentation, and animation.
What has Madden nailed to perfection?
You have to start somewhere don't you? And we were told when it was first introduced that highlights from other games weren't going to be part of the package.

Nobody is defending EA here, just understanding that you have to start somewhere. No it doesn't have all the things that we may want, but its not horrible either. In my opinion, its great first step and more in-depth then I expected it to be.

And no, this isn't perfect, but its better than nothing. And I, and probably 95% of this community would rather have this than nothing at all.

Now you can label me as easy to please. And before you ask, I have played 2k5 and seen its presentation.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 07-21-2009 at 11:32 AM.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:28 AM   #150
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
whats all this talk of 2k having fake highlights? when I played a game, the halftime highlights actually happened in my game, they werent canned. If i ran in circles for a minute then ran in a TD, thats what they showed.
they're talking about highlights from other games.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 07-21-2009, 11:46 AM   #151
MVP

OVR: 24

You can add me to the "do it right or don't do it at all" camp. I understand Ian doesn't want to carbon copy 2K5, but this is the NFL! 2K5 did so many things right, but more importantly accurate, so just swallow your pride and get it all in there!

I do think it's a little sad that we (regular folk) can instantly point out the lack of enthusiasm of the commentators, or lack of highlights. It's just something else to add to EA's reputation of things that don't make sense, and probaly have no good reason for being absent-except laziness. This is supposed to be a sim, not Ian's little pet project. These kinds of flaws are no better than what David Ortiz was doing.

Just give us a damn NFL sim! Yes, this game seems to be headed in a very good direction, but still, the same ol' laziness is evident.
If it's not laziness, then it's simply lack of skill. No excuses, now or ever. Get it together, EA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2009, 11:56 AM   #152

OVR: 34

You have to appreciate what the Madden team is doing. They have never given this type of game add-on a true look and are now doing so. That being said, it's too celebrity heavy and not offering much in the actual depth of what happened. The voice acting is aged, with the "State Team's Name" and quick stat following that. It's very unnatural. In bringing up 2K, I think that's where they were able to do a little better, especially with the Berman highlights.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »