Home

NBA Live 10 Blog: Swagga Like Us

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Blog: Swagga Like Us within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 12:37 PM   #161
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: NBA Live 10 Blog: Swagga Like Us

@meechie

Tell ur brother Good Eyes!
Whew! finally Im switching to Live this year!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2009, 12:39 PM   #162
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronimous
@meechie

Tell ur brother Good Eyes!
Whew! finally Im switching to Live this year!
LMAO. He said rhanks. I was pumped when i seen that. It's making me think that the cheerleaders will no longer sit their either lol. I can't wait.
Old 07-26-2009, 12:40 PM   #163
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I'm not trying to make this a 2k v. Live thread but I'm not seeing what you are seeing. I do see improved graphics but its clear to me that these are just improvements of the same Live graphics engine. The crowd looks a lot better but I'm not seeing a huge jump in graphics that you guys are seeing.

This is just another case of the famous "underdog" syndrome that is prevelant here at OS. You see it all the time in the other forums. People get tired of the most popular game in each sport (Madden, NBA2k,) and start to overhype the game the current 2nd place game (Backbreaker, Live). Next year you will see loads of people bashing the Show and proclaiming MLB2k10 to be "the truth" just because they are bored with the Show. Same thing is happening with 2k.

I think I've been on these forums too long because I dont get excited about new shoes, new jerseys and tattoos. They are nice touches but they dont keep me playing a game. I wont be playing this game in the Spring just because Live has the "El Heat" jerseys. What keeps me playing a game is if you have realistic sub patterns (which Live didnt have), intelligent CPU franchise AI (which Live didnt have) and good gameplay without having to make tons of tweaks (which neither game had last year). So all this BS about shoes and pregame intros doesnt mean **** to me.

And yes that was one of the silliest things Ive read here. No dumbest but silliest. You even admitted that it was silly.
OK, we get it...you are a 2k guy.

If you have been following the game, all those "concerns" have been addressed.
Old 07-26-2009, 12:48 PM   #164
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbz06
OK, we get it...you are a 2k guy.

If you have been following the game, all those "concerns" have been addressed.
Well said. . . Im a 2k fan toO (before).. But I see the jaw dropping improvements in Live 10 this year! Thats why I switched!
Old 07-26-2009, 12:48 PM   #165
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
LIVE is looking good. I really enjoy playing NCAA Basketball 09 for 360 and it looks like LIVE is set to make the jump to that level too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2009, 01:01 PM   #166
Rookie

OVR: 14
Guys that come to this post are excited about the game and rightfully so. The producers are saying that things are being taken care of.

At this moment, they are talking about jerseys, kicks and stuff. It's fitting that we get hyped up about it. There's nothing wrong with it.

When they start talking about gameplay, than we can focus on that.

Some gamers are funny. People are saying that we should't be hyped about these little things, calling this post "silly". But here's the thing: if a game doesn't sport authentic shoes, throwbacks, etc, then people start to whine about it.

Funny isn't it?

Keep up the great work guys! I'll keep myself hyped up about shoes all day long.
Old 07-26-2009, 01:04 PM   #167
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantecamp21
Guys that come to this post are excited about the game and rightfully so. The producers are saying that things are being taken care of.

At this moment, they are talking about jerseys, kicks and stuff. It's fitting that we get hyped up about it. There's nothing wrong with it.

When they start talking about gameplay, than we can focus on that.

Some gamers are funny. People are saying that we should't be hyped about these little things, calling this post "silly". But here's the thing: if a game doesn't sport authentic shoes, throwbacks, etc, then people start to whine about it.

Funny isn't it?

Keep up the great work guys! I'll keep myself hyped up about shoes all day long.
Exactly.

I mean, we're getting excited about these little things because that's what is being presented to us at this time (which is still only July).

That does NOT mean we don't care or don't want a sim gameplay and that we don't have other concerns about the game. So I don't understand the hate from the 2k guys.

And of course we're going to be pumped up because the gameplay and the fixes needed from Live 09 were a huge priority for the devs. Those things were fixed first.
Old 07-26-2009, 01:04 PM   #168
Pro

OVR: 10

Agreed. Couldn't have said it better. Just never mind them guys.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »