Home

NHL 2K10 Gameplay Videos (IGN)

This is a discussion on NHL 2K10 Gameplay Videos (IGN) within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2009, 07:56 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 47
Re: IGN gameplay videos

What I really like about this game is the puck. It just looks so real the way it moves. I love the puck physics in the game. Also, Wings fan do you guys have that intro in real life?
Old 08-10-2009, 07:58 PM   #18
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIm
I really hope that was on rookie mode. Because I saw alot of one-timers that were a goals and quick rebounds that looked like it was a slapshot from the defense. Presentation looks great... I need to see alot more because the gameplay didn't impress me. No cycling of the pucks, people taking the pucks down ice without really getting challenged, and the faceoffs to me looked wrong. Faceoffs after puck was dropped had a couple second delay before someone touched the puck.... Announcing was fine to me. I love the arena sounds and that Wings Intro was just amazing...
During the faceoff they got tied up with eachother.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:00 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

I thought the announcing was fine, I mean it can't be easy make it sound completely authentic given it's scripted and pieced together. Goalies are still a little off IMO, but It's looking good!

And as many said before, the intros are amazing!

Old 08-10-2009, 08:01 PM   #20
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

WOW OH WOW! That Redwing intro is truly amazing. I can't get over how the arena is so lively and colorful and the outstanding attention to detail. I truly hope this is a regular season and playoff thing and that every arena is different. I am salivating.

The graphics are superb. Did you see the players faces. What a major upgrade.

Everything about those videos says upgrade. It doesn't look or sound like 2k9 to me.

I have always liked the announcers and they seem to be improved this year too.

Scott was that a 5 man hug?
Old 08-10-2009, 08:01 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIm
I really hope that was on rookie mode. Because I saw alot of one-timers that were a goals and quick rebounds that looked like it was a slapshot from the defense. Presentation looks great... I need to see alot more because the gameplay didn't impress me. No cycling of the pucks, people taking the pucks down ice without really getting challenged, and the faceoffs to me looked wrong. Faceoffs after puck was dropped had a couple second delay before someone touched the puck.... Announcing was fine to me. I love the arena sounds and that Wings Intro was just amazing...
It most likely was on a easy mode with no slider adjustments, so I wouldn't worry to much about the gameplay looking off.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2009, 08:03 PM   #22
Banned

Nope, no 5 man hug there. I think they need to really touch that part up next year. But I LOVED EVERYTHING ELSE. The presentation was great and the puck was moving all over the place.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:04 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 28

I am sure they were playing a beta build of the game and on easy. I doubt many of them guys playing were hardcore hockey guys. I am a hockey noob and when i first play i play on easy until i get the hang of wht i am doing.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:04 PM   #24
Yellow n Black

18 eighty 5's Arena

OVR: 16

Looking real good! In the Lighting vs Sharks vids I am sure it is two humans playing against eachother. The guy in control of the Sharks is either really, really bad is deliberately getting out of position to allow for some gameplay goals for highlights.

Watch how the Sharks have a blue circle highlighting the player being controlled, it switches just like it was a human controlling it...but it looks like someone who has never played video game hockey is in charge of the controls.

Good to see 2k responding with gameplay and the kind of stuff the fans want to see.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »