Home

NBA Live 10 Video: Exclusive Hangar Developer Diary

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Video: Exclusive Hangar Developer Diary within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2009, 10:56 PM   #113
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Exclusive Hangar Developer Diary

meh...the more i see of this game the more the defense seems to be lacking. the defense on the lebron dunk was terrible. someone already mentioned that K-mart is facing AWAY from lebron when he goes for the block. He's facing the wrong direction! come on EA. not to mention Lebron runs into 2 defenders and there is no contact to be seen.

the defense on D. Wade's layup was just as awful. he just pushes the defender all the way through the key with no contact or resistance..the defender makes no attempt to even contest him or stop his progress. the defender is clearly touching him and blocking his path, yet there is no visible contact at all. I can see this getting old real fast. Once the real gameplay vids and the demo come out, we will see for sure, but the defense just looks terrible so far. I have yet to really see a defensive moment that looks right to me.

Last edited by blues rocker; 08-17-2009 at 11:11 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:13 PM   #114
MVP

BiggD's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
meh...the more i see of this game the more the defense seems to be lacking. the defense on the lebron dunk was terrible. someone already mentioned that K-mart is facing AWAY from lebron when he goes for the block. He's facing the wrong direction! come on EA. not to mention Lebron runs into 2 defenders and there is no contact to be seen.

the defense on D. Wade's layup was just as awful. he just pushes the defender all the way through the key with no contact or resistance..the defender makes no attempt to even contest him or stop his progress. the defender is clearly touching him and blocking his path, yet there is no visible contact at all. I can see this getting old real fast. Once the real gameplay vids and the demo come out, we will see for sure, but the defense just looks terrible so far. I have yet to really see a defensive moment that looks right to me.
i dare say that all these demonstration videos are gonna be set on EASY. I understand you wanna see some defense (as do i) and i'm sure we will see a blog about defense soon
3.Blake Griffin
4.Ben Wallace
5.Shawn Kemp
Old 08-17-2009, 11:22 PM   #115
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:

lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 11:22 PM   #116
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbz06
lol

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 08-17-2009, 11:27 PM   #117
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I see his point, and it's valid...but Live's D is solid. The rotations, the mechanics, it all works good and has been revamped for '10.

The fact that you see players jumping the other way is just a part of video games and something we can live with, especially with user controlled players. It's really not that big of a deal if occasionally the ball awareness is a little not perfect. It's virtual representation of basketball and I don't think people understand that programming and making every little thing spot on perfect is just not going to happen.

I mean, when playing with your buddies and having a great time with the game, are you seriously going to say "omg my player faced the other way (the direction I was aiming) when I jumped for a block" ?
Old 08-17-2009, 11:27 PM   #118
G.O.A.T.

TMagic's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: NBA Live 10 Video: Exclusive Hangar Developer Diary

Quote:

This. I've been noticing that too in a lot of their vids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD
i dare say that all these demonstration videos are gonna be set on EASY. I understand you wanna see some defense (as do i) and i'm sure we will see a blog about defense soon
Maybe.

To me, it would make more sense for them to show some better defense, as a lot of those plays would look a lot more impressive with some collisions and better defense.

Why make the defense and collisions look bad like they do in some of the vids?

I would be more impressed if I saw nice collisions and solid contests on these layups and plays in traffic.

I guess we'll have to wait and see how this plays out.

Twitter: @ThoseFools

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEC...cd41cJK2238sIA

Last edited by TMagic; 08-17-2009 at 11:33 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:27 PM   #119
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by in mid air

the dunking for Live 10
Then can a developer please tell me whats the layup control?
Old 08-17-2009, 11:33 PM   #120
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbz06
I see his point, and it's valid...but Live's D is solid. The rotations, the mechanics, it all works good and has been revamped for '10.

The fact that you see players jumping the other way is just a part of video games and something we can live with, especially with user controlled players. It's really not that big of a deal if occasionally the ball awareness is a little not perfect. It's virtual representation of basketball and I don't think people understand that programming and making every little thing spot on perfect is just not going to happen.

I mean, when playing with your buddies and having a great time with the game, are you seriously going to say "omg my player faced the other way (the direction I was aiming) when I jumped for a block" ?
My only thing is these things have occurred in every basketball game. Some guys just like the way it looks in 2k better.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »