Home

NBA 2K10 Hands-On Preview (IGN)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Hands-On Preview (IGN) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2009, 03:03 PM   #153
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39
Re: NBA 2K10 Hands-On Preview (IGN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybandit2000
never seen this much hate on a "hands on preview" of an early build of a game.. if you wont buy because of this to each its own.. both games 'sound' like theyre going in the right direction... live of course has some catching up to do, so of course there will be more information coming from them
Why does it have to be HATE because certain folks are PRAISING what they have read?
Old 08-20-2009, 03:17 PM   #154
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epiffani
You're just blowing smoke and you have no idea what you're talking about to be frank, and its hilarious. You've been throwing around random numbers about "polys", and how the actual game is only 10% of what you see in replay, then you said something about you being disappointed that the console version of NBA 2K doesn't look as good as the PC version, and now of course when all fails, you bring up Live for whatever random reason, and you're off basis on that also. If you're going to highlight anything that Live has over 2k definitively, its the lighting, and the textures they use for their game.

Lol @ the notion of polygons being reduced once you're in game. Were not talking about cut scenes son. This is nothing more than your baseless opinion (nothing factual in your posts), and you've been spewing nothing, but randomness throughout this thread. Get informed asap.
yeah mr. hilarious, wasn't it you who told me to bring up any game this gen that doesn't look better in replay mode? go on and defend 2k for as long as u want, I'm no fanboy of live or anything because I both and obviously I can see things better than you k.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:37 PM   #155
Supporter

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool2fool
yeah mr. hilarious, wasn't it you who told me to bring up any game this gen that doesn't look better in replay mode? go on and defend 2k for as long as u want, I'm no fanboy of live or anything because I both and obviously I can see things better than you k.
Umm, yeah I own Live 09 as well, and I'm not defending 2k, I just can't believe that anybody can actually believe what you're saying, but I'll digress on that point because its moot to what I'm saying. A simple yes or a simple no will do for the following; you're telling me that you don't see any details in Live when in replay mode that you otherwise wouldn't have seen? I'll call your bluff real quick:

HD Live 09

No way do you notice all of the details while playing a regular game in EITHER game, and guess what? Neither game has lost or gained any polygons by going in and out of replay mode .

Edit: my bad guys for being apart of sidetracking this thread.... This kid is just ridiculous.

Last edited by Epiffani; 08-20-2009 at 03:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 03:53 PM   #156
Banned

OVR: 8

while ur at it, why not go ahead and take a pic of both game during gameplay and let's analyze won't you?
Old 08-20-2009, 03:55 PM   #157
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool2fool
while ur at it, why not go ahead and take a pic of both game during gameplay and let's analyze won't you?
Man I want you to stop this crap and quit coming in both forums nitpicking the games without making on topic posts about the topics.
Old 08-20-2009, 05:07 PM   #158
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

In all fairness to cool, back on old gen = regular xbox, ps2 , dreamcast- VC did use a technique they called model swapping where they used higher polys during replay than in-game (mentioned here:http://dreamcast.ign.com/articles/166/166540p1.html). I remember reading an article about it in a mag long ago. The earlier the game (nfl 2k, nba 2k, etc.) the more you noticed it if you looked for it. As they got more familiar with the hardware though, the difference between the replay models and in game models began to reduce imo. When I played NBA 2k6 on my old xbox and then played a friend's 360 version the biggest difference to me was that what I saw in the replays regarding models were identical to the on court action imo. That made it very hard to go home and play my old xbox version as the detail was not as good.

VC has better hardware to work with now so that isn't an issue in this gen regarding the model swapping technique imo.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.

Last edited by NINJAK2; 08-20-2009 at 05:53 PM.
Old 08-21-2009, 04:05 AM   #159
Rookie

OVR: 3
New Features are awsome! 2K,just take your time and release the best game possible.I have faith in yall don't let us down.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:02 AM   #160
Rookie

crazybandit2000's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
Why does it have to be HATE because certain folks are PRAISING what they have read?
theres more bashing of the 2k series than praising the effort they seem to be making this yr from the preview... seems like people are so quick to defend live by saying things like "oo live will fix that before it comes out.. or that wont be there when the game comes out" like they're the developers.. yet when someone says he was able to drive at will because the defensive rotations werent put in the build yet 2k is looked upon as non purchase...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »