Home

NHL 2K10 Gameplay Video (2KHockey.net)

This is a discussion on NHL 2K10 Gameplay Video (2KHockey.net) within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2009, 05:19 AM   #161
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: NHL 2K10 Gameplay Video (2KHockey.net)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
I am from the bay area. But there were hippies here. I am too young for that though. So I have no idea what you just said. But that is cool too. I like not being able to understand you. And Tim right back at you bro! You and Daflyboy are the new Scott and Eddie congrats and I hope you are happy with each other ad much as I am happy with Eddie. Back on topic. I like hip checks. They look really sweet.
Shi@ yeah we are!!! Anyways, did anyone see the vid someone made at 2khockey.net as far as annimations go. Someone took the vid and slowed it down. Showcased the annimations... It was really cool to see.. I just wish they would get new announcing. Hopefully we get someothing new today.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2009, 06:30 AM   #162
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feTzXZ9uOzw

Here's the link. Check out those beautiful animations. VC did a wonderful job with this game. Can't wait to see on my T.V.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:41 AM   #163
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1967
Here's the link. Check out those beautiful animations. VC did a wonderful job with this game. Can't wait to see on my T.V.
That's what I was referring to a few days ago when I posted that the incidental animations in 2K10 were second to none. Comparable to the difference between the quality and number of animations in APF 2K8 versus Madden. It's definitely one of the strengths of VC and its developers.

One thing though: the transition animations in 2K10 can be rough, and cause the player movement to look jumpy at times. Not near as bad as the MLB 2K series, but noticeable nevertheless. EA's game is more successful in that department IMO.

Last edited by baa7; 09-08-2009 at 09:00 AM.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:56 AM   #164
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
That's what I was referring to a few days ago when I posted that the incidental animations in 2K10 were second to none. Comparable to the difference between the quality and number of animations in APF 2K8 versus Madden. It's definitely one of the strengths of VC and its developers.

One thing though: the transition animations in 2K10 can be rough, and cause the player movement to look jumpy at times. Not near as bad as the MLB 2K series, but noticeable nevertheless. EA's game is more successful in that department IMO.
Yeah I agree. I do believe I saw some pinning in that video. Should please the one's who haven't seen any up until this point.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:08 PM   #165
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Yeah I agree. I do believe I saw some pinning in that video. Should please the one's who haven't seen any up until this point.
Yeah about 2 seconds worth that resulted in the pinned player throwing an a deliberate elbow to the face. Its there and I'm sure a better brand of sim sliders than what Cup (worse sim sliders ever there Cup) was using will make it more prevalent (I hope anyway) It is a bit disappointing to see that 2k's brand of board pinning is still a hold over from last gen though especially when you take into account all the attention paid to the other coincidental contact animations, most of which actually are fairly impressive as pointed out in that youtube clip.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2009, 12:10 PM   #166
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Classic comedy Scott, LMAO. We do make a great team. All of you guys are hilarious.
Wow, that word "classic" DOES get thrown around a bit too liberally. I think of the Marx Bros., WC Fields and the 3 Stooges when I think of classic comedy.

Anyway, from what I've seen and read (and I've tried to stay away from the level of ad nauseaum), this has the potential to keep that "organic" feel despite any glitches and quirks there might be. Looking forward to the online play, especially with the sim guys.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:36 PM   #167
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Wow, that word "classic" DOES get thrown around a bit too liberally. I think of the Marx Bros., WC Fields and the 3 Stooges when I think of classic comedy.

Anyway, from what I've seen and read (and I've tried to stay away from the level of ad nauseaum), this has the potential to keep that "organic" feel despite any glitches and quirks there might be. Looking forward to the online play, especially with the sim guys.
I'm partial to Abbott and Costello myself.

I'll be playing on line myself. I guess someone will have to show me what sim play is. Just one more week to go.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:40 PM   #168
Pro

HeroWorship's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
I agree with most of what you said, but I happen to like the announcing. The worst to me in any sport was NBA 2K9. Hopefully more folks will rent the game, because it's really the only way to know how much it has improved. You mentioned Blockbuster, but Hollywood video always has more copies of games to rent, at least in Northern Virginia.
Sadly in Western New York, your options are Family Video or Blockbuster.

But yeah, I might be too quick to judge the commentary. I've heard snippets, so when I do rent the game, I'll get a better feel for it. And yes, I do believe that even though there isn't a demo, people need to rent the game to get a better feel. For franchise, for the creative purposes, and for the Whalers uniforms.

The thing is, seeing how I barley know anyone in my area to play the NHL 2k series, I'll be able to get 2k10 anytime for rental.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »