Home

NHL 2K10 Gameplay Video (2KHockey.net)

This is a discussion on NHL 2K10 Gameplay Video (2KHockey.net) within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2009, 12:47 PM   #169
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NHL 2K10 Gameplay Video (2KHockey.net)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Yeah about 2 seconds worth that resulted in the pinned player throwing an a deliberate elbow to the face. Its there and I'm sure a better brand of sim sliders than what Cup (worse sim sliders ever there Cup) was using will make it more prevalent (I hope anyway) It is a bit disappointing to see that 2k's brand of board pinning is still a hold over from last gen though especially when you take into account all the attention paid to the other coincidental contact animations, most of which actually are fairly impressive as pointed out in that youtube clip.
I'm glad your seeing some positives Realm. Looks like everyone will have some great choices in a little over a week.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:57 PM   #170
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1967
I'm glad your seeing some positives Realm. Looks like everyone will have some great choices in a little over a week.
Eh I give credit where its due is all. The game visually is much improved, the incidental contact animations like I said are pretty well done and its pretty obvious the offensive CPU AI got a bit of love as well. I just really wish we had gotten a demo with unlocked sliders to be able to test things out for ourselves, because those videos leave alot of unanswered questions and some head shaking on design decisions. (that one handed puck handling for example is just flat out bad looking as is all the goalie puck suction) But like I've said if sliders really do work effectively this year it should at least play a solid game. I have a feeling I'm going to perfer NHL 10 but I'm at least going to give 2k a shot to impress like I do every year.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:03 PM   #171
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Eh I give credit where its due is all. The game visually is much improved, the incidental contact animations like I said are pretty well done and its pretty obvious the offensive CPU AI got a bit of love as well. I just really wish we had gotten a demo with unlocked sliders to be able to test things out for ourselves, because those videos leave alot of unanswered questions and some head shaking on design decisions. (that one handed puck handling for example is just flat out bad looking as is all the goalie puck suction) But like I've said if sliders really do work effectively this year it should at least play a solid game. I have a feeling I'm going to perfer NHL 10 but I'm at least going to give 2k a shot to impress like I do every year.
Yeah the one handed puck handling does look a bit odd and is overdone. One thing the demo would have provided is a much clearer view of what we are seeing. Most of the videos provided have been of very poor quality.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »