Home

FIFA Soccer 10 Demo Available in Europe (17th for US), Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on FIFA Soccer 10 Demo Available in Europe (17th for US), Post Impressions Here within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2009, 06:09 PM   #57
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: FIFA Soccer 10 Demo Available in Europe (17th for US), Post Impressions Here

Well, UK account is up & running and download has started. I may or may not have amused myself by using the Arsenal corporate HQ zip code and front desk phone number. Will check back later...
Old 09-11-2009, 06:17 PM   #58

Bruins's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: FIFA Soccer 10 Demo Available in Europe (17th for US), Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
That cross looked like the one Drogba hit vs Sunderland.
Except mine was meant to be a cross. You can't really tell from that angle ('Broadcast'), but it was bending towards Joe Cole.

I'm having a blast with this demo, being able to do things I couldn't pull off in '09 is great.
Old 09-11-2009, 06:48 PM   #59

Bruins's Arena

OVR: 29

Old 09-11-2009, 07:53 PM   #60
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins
Nice goal I really liked the way Camo (I think it was him brought the ball and then scored.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:53 PM   #61
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
Players had a lot of momentum in '09. That was the big change IMO from '08 to '09. Out of all the EA games I played in '09 FIFA was the only one that got this right.

I never understood this complaint. I have my user-switching 2 clicks from the left and once I pass the ball it switches players fast enough for me to take control of the pass recipient.
I still don't think players have as much momentum as they should have. Especially the CPU. Playing some more games, I've come to notice it for the human, but the CPU still defies physics most times. I'd like to see more.

Sorry, but they still stand around waiting for passes, while the CPU does not. I get that you can control your guy who is receiving the pass, but most times you don't gain control of him as soon as is needed to make the move to the ball. The AI should be making the move for you before you take control. Again, the CPU does this perfectly on their end, so it's in there...just not programmed for the Human team.

I have to maybe take back the stuff I said about not enough fouls. In the many games I played last nite, I started to see more. It's dependant on the official it seems tho. Some swallow the whistle and some put their stamp on the game.....this should be a good thing. Keeping fingers crossed it's in the final.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2009, 09:00 PM   #62
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

OVR: 38

Never done this before, this was ment to be a cross.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:01 PM   #63

Bahnzo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Well, UK account is up & running and download has started. I may or may not have amused myself by using the Arsenal corporate HQ zip code and front desk phone number. Will check back later...
Talk to me next time QB. A regular dvd and the right knowledge is much easier than wasting a free gold account on downloading a demo
Old 09-11-2009, 09:08 PM   #64

Bahnzo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
After about 10 games this demo really does nothing for me. The CPU STILL plays the same. Way too many stupid shots from impossible angles, route one football and no midfield battle. How does Barcelona have 15 shots in this short of a game?

-I'm not seeing much difference in the physical part of the game. Fouls are about the same from what I've seen so far. The advantage rule has been tuned for the better and I like the warning, but if the number of fouls are not increased what is the point of having a set piece creator that's rarely used? Hopefully it plays out better in the retail version with longer halves.

-It's apparent that the CTT will have to be adjusted to make the game somewhat playable....again. It helped a little bit last year. The problem with this though is that there will probably be a limited number of slots to save tactics.

-There is still way too much dribbling because the field/pitch is too big which creates a lot of space. Football is a passing game NOT a stick jockeying skill/trick moves game!

-Same as FIFA 09 and 08. As soon as the CPU misses a shot I can get the ball to a striker at midfield with a 30 yard ground pass. The back 4 NEEDS to push up higher! It's way too easy to get the ball through the middle of the field into the attacking third. This is another reason why there are so many shots.

Every CPU possession(it seems anyway):

Get it to the ST in midfield, pass to winger, sprint down sidelines and either cross or 1 pass back for a ridiculous shot from 25 yards.

-I do like the new shooting mechanic. It's actually not new but it has been tuned for the better.

-I'm still not seeing how the 360 movement is helping.

It is early and if we've learned anything over the last two years is that it takes a good amount of time to figure out the game. Hopefully it's the same this year and the game starts to grow on me.
Lots of stuff that I see also. Riz and I wear the same goggles

Teams again play all the same. Without many more slots for the CTT's, this can't be fixed. I don't get it? why not give us 100 slots? Screw those people that don't have hard drives (so they can't store enough)...don't punish those of us smart enough to purchase more than the basic console.

I do think fouls might be better Riz..I was starting to see more in the games I played last nite. Seems the ref is a factor in this.

Easy passing....NHL 10 needs to talk to FIFA.

Speaking of NHL10....FIFA needs to be developed in Europe, with someone like a David Ritter (ie: former professional) at the helm. Do you think NHL would be as good as it is, if it was made in France instead of Canada?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »