Home

NBA Live 10 Blog: Dynamic Season

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Blog: Dynamic Season within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2009, 05:15 PM   #49
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: NBA Live 10 Blog: Dynamic Season

I just entered dream mode.

I have no patience to play the whole season or a dynasty with a single team, so all I play is just exhibition games. Now I have a purpose to play all my games.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:09 PM   #50
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

What happens if a player in real life is suspended or is listed as Inactive for 'x' amount of games.

This player won't be available to use in my Season?

EDIT:
Also, say I'm controlling one team.

When I go to play my team's game, I assume the starting lineup will default to the lineup which the real life team used?

Some coaches have many different lineups throughout the year...sometimes based on matchup.

When playing Dynasty, I prefer to use the same starting lineup (which I know I can easily change). Just trying to get an understanding here...

Last edited by bigeastbumrush; 09-21-2009 at 10:22 PM.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:04 PM   #51
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Dynasty is not Dynamic Season.

Dynamic Season follows the real NBA, day-by-day. If it happens in the league, it happens in the video game. If Tracy McGrady misses the entire month of November with a back strain, he won't be available for use the entire month of November. If Antoine Walker signs with a team in December, he'll be placed on that team the day he was made active/inactive on the roster. If David Lee is traded for an expiring contract, then Lee will be traded even if you use the Knicks.

Dynasty mode (or all other season modes) are the way they've always been. You control everything and it is completely separate from the real league (with perhaps the exception of using Dynamic DNA).
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2009, 12:19 PM   #52
NBA LIVE Producer

iminurbase's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
What happens if a player in real life is suspended or is listed as Inactive for 'x' amount of games.

This player won't be available to use in my Season?

EDIT:
Also, say I'm controlling one team.

When I go to play my team's game, I assume the starting lineup will default to the lineup which the real life team used?

Some coaches have many different lineups throughout the year...sometimes based on matchup.

When playing Dynasty, I prefer to use the same starting lineup (which I know I can easily change). Just trying to get an understanding here...
For example if you are the Rockets, you won't have Yao. Any game you play uses the real roster.

In terms of starting lineups, we use the starting lineup the coach last used, or in a rewind game, the starting 5 from that very day. If you don't like it, you can change it before entering the game.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:22 PM   #53
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

^ So then injuries will not happen in-game I assume. Not a big deal, just curious.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 09-22-2009, 12:37 PM   #54
NBA LIVE Producer

iminurbase's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
^ So then injuries will not happen in-game I assume. Not a big deal, just curious.
That's right.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:57 PM   #55
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by iminurbase
That's right.
Are there in-game injuries in the other modes? In the demo I noticed guys getting shaken up when hitting the floor, fouled, etc. -- do those translate into actual injuries for the non-dynamic season modes if they're serious enough? Or are all injuries coming from simulation/"practice"?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2009, 01:04 PM   #56
GSW
Simnation

GSW's Arena

OVR: 40

I didnt understand this mode at first... now I do and now I'm freaking excited.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »