Home

NBA 2K10 Screenshots: Sliders, Team and Player Ratings, Etc.

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Screenshots: Sliders, Team and Player Ratings, Etc. within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-25-2009, 04:18 PM   #105
Rookie

chrome381's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NBA 2K10 Screenshots: Sliders, Team and Player Ratings, Etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
Yea I am curious what caused the big gap between Deron and CP3. I think a lot of his has to do with inflated personalized ratings of CP3 due to the fact that he plays on an MVP Level and Deron doesn't. But we all know the gap in terms of skill level between the two isn't that great. But they are different types of PGs
Lol for years ive been bothered by this, but i think im just gonna let it go and not care about it. I think i mean i know there shouldn't be more than a two point diff between the two hell i think they should be the same rating, their both at a different level than any other pg in the league, Dwill has gone just as far as CP3 has in the playoffs while carrying his team just like CP3 has.

Their both amazing passers Dwill is cautious but accurate CP3 is a more free flowing and fancy passer, Dwill is a better scorer and can take over a game with his scoring better than CP3 can.

CP3 is a better defender and much quicker and faster, Dwill is the strongest PG in the league is a better jump shooter and has a better crossover lol. I think they should be very close rating wise since they are very similar skillset wise but play two very different styles of basketball.

I don't think anyone who has really watched them both play at their best can say who is better which is why i would give them the same rating despite the media's CP3 obsession.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2009, 04:18 PM   #106
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

I’m not fighting about it. Just guys keep saying stuff like inflated. Which makes no sense to me. They're exactly the same PG’s (offensive..one probably is just a way better shooter….above average at best). But one leads the league in steals. And people are saying inflated defensive awareness. SMH…. But I can’t even see these rating. Everytime I click one of the icon. All I get are screenshots and videos. Where are the ratings?….lolfficeffice" />>>

Last edited by jeebs9; 09-25-2009 at 04:40 PM.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:26 PM   #107
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrome381
Lol for years ive been bothered by this, but i think im just gonna let it go and not care about it. I think i mean i know there shouldn't be more than a two point diff between the two hell i think they should be the same rating, their both at a different level than any other pg in the league, Dwill has gone just as far as CP3 has in the playoffs while carrying his team just like CP3 has.

Their both amazing passers Dwill is cautious but accurate CP3 is a more free flowing and fancy passer, Dwill is a better scorer and can take over a game with his scoring better than CP3 can.

CP3 is a better defender and much quicker and faster, Dwill is the strongest PG in the league is a better jump shooter and has a better crossover lol. I think they should be very close rating wise since they are very similar skillset wise but play two very different styles of basketball.

I don't think anyone who has really watched them both play at their best can say who is better which is why i would give them the same rating despite the media's CP3 obsession.
I’m not trying to change this into a CP3 vs Dwill thread. But one of the players leads the league in steals. Both guys are tops at their position in assist. But one of the players leads the league in steals. He is the scale which everyone else at his position will be grade/measured on. If Dwill got maybe half of the steal that CP3 got. This would not be a thing. I could put them on the same level. But that’s
not the case here.

edit: Oh god even worst I just checked out both players stats. CP3 averages more rebounds than Dwill.....I never knew that. Seriously.....I'm kind of surprised by that.
A good read...
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/bal...urn=nba,191685

Last edited by jeebs9; 09-25-2009 at 04:49 PM.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:53 PM   #108
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

Rebounds won't matter much in boosting the overall of a PG
Old 09-25-2009, 04:58 PM   #109
MVP

MelMan1486's Arena

OVR: 12
this was a good time killer... although I don't agree with some of them I like the new ratings.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:58 PM   #110
MVP

OVR: 19

hey DC, check your PM when you get the chance.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:32 PM   #111
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I know this has been a huge topic for a while now. But someone said they have the same skills. But one gets more steals so that mean his defense awareness is inflated. That doesn’t make any sense. If a guy leads the league in steals. Your saying that he doesn’t have/shouldn’t have a higher awareness than guy who I doesn’t get as many steals as he does? They both have the same skills? (SMH) You guys have it backwards. Don’t get me wrong here. I love D Williams. I think he has a much better shooting stroke than CP3. But at the end of the defense always over shadows offense. D Williams just doesn’t affect the game like a little annoying CP3. CP3 reminds me of A.I. back in the day. So active and annoying.
Cp3 is top 3 mid range shooter in NBA. D Will is MAYBE better from behind the arc.

+cp3 probably has higher clutch rating since he actually hit some gamewinners last year
+cp3 is quicker and faster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
Oh yea and @ some of you guys basing ratings off of hype instead of skill.....these rating are spot on for the most part...2k10 is getting some choops2k8 greatness!

I wonder what AI is rated??? 78-80 is my guess...
yeah i love the ratings this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I’m not fighting about it. Just guys keep saying stuff like inflated. Which makes no sense to me. They're exactly the same PG’s (offensive..one probably is just a way better shooter….above average at best). But one leads the league in steals. And people are saying inflated defensive awareness. SMH…. But I can’t even see these rating. Everytime I click one of the icon. All I get are screenshots and videos. Where are the ratings?….lolfficeffice" />>>
above average shooter? why don't you look up their stats on 82games? cp3 is an elite shooter and williams is probably above average
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2009, 05:54 PM   #112
stewaat

OVR:

I love the ratings this year!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »